Sargent Township, Douglas County, Illinois
Location in Douglas County
Douglas County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 5, 1867|
|• Total||47.02 sq mi (121.8 km2)|
|• Land||46.95 sq mi (121.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.15%|
|Elevation||659 ft (201 m)|
|• Density||6.1/sq mi (2.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61917, 61919, 61930, 61942, 61943|
|GNIS feature ID||0429716|
Sargent Township is one of nine townships in Douglas County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 286 and it contained 127 housing units. The township contains Walnut Point State Park.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 47.02 square miles (121.8 km2), of which 46.95 square miles (121.6 km2) (or 99.85%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.15%) is water.
The township contains these three cemeteries: Albin, Gwinn and Pleasant Grove.
- Villa Grove Community Unit School District * Oakland Community Unit School District 5
- Shiloh Community Unit School District 1
- State House District 110
- State Senate District 55
- "Sargent Township, Douglas County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Murdock Township||Newman Township|
|Bowdre Township||Embarrass Township, Edgar County
Shiloh Township, Edgar County
|Morgan Township, Coles County||East Oakland Township, Coles County|