Sarmad Sultan Khoosat
Sarmad Sultan Khoosat (Urdu: سرمد سلطان کھوسٹ) (born on May 7, 1979) is a Pakistani actor, director and script-writer best known for directing the drama Humsafar and Shehr-e-Zaat. He is the son of veteran actor Irfan Khoosat. He rose to prominence during the mid 90s when he created the sitcom Shashlick, which ran for over three years on PTV.
Khoosat's first television drama as a director was Piya Naam Ka Diya in 2007 in which he acted opposite filmstar Saima Syed Noor, and Irum Akhtar, Saima's performance was well received. Then Sarmad directed a soap serial named "Mujhay Apna Naam O Nishaan Milay" which was beautifully written and scripted by "Seemal Numan", his sister, the drama got huge acclaim due to the acting of the characters played by Irfan Khoosat, the four girls who were his daughters and a woman who played a mother. Khoosat's drama, Kalmoohi, directed, written by himself and acted by Sania Saeed, Sohail Sameer, Shamil Khan, Nasreen Qureshi, Irfan Khoosat and others began airing on PTV channel in early 2010, also got good reviews. In 2011, he gained significant prominence and acclaim with the drama Pani Jaisa Piyar that aired on Hum TV and also got the best director award for it on LUX Style Awards. He got visible prominence by directing "Jal Pari" which was aired on GEO TV starring Numan Ejaz and new talent Neelam Munir. He went on to direct Humsafar for Hum TV, which became an overnight success, receiving positive reviews from Pakistani and International critics, soon after which came "Shehr-e-Zaat" got hugely popular in women of Pakistan. Both the serials were repeated on Hum Tv for more than one time due to their popularity. "
He also wrote the script for Saqib Malik's production Ajnabee Shehr Mein. He has directed episodes for the drama series Faseele Jaan Se Aagay. Drama serial Ashk. Recently he has completed shooting a new project "Main Manto", its a big project with a huge ensemble cast, it will be released as a film and later on as a drama serial under banner of Geo Entertainment, on the same channel. Sarmad Sultan Khoosat directed the re-make of the old super hit Pakistani film, Aina(1977), as a tele film.
Academically, he did his Graduation from Government College University and did Masters in Psychology and also owned a gold medal in it. He was also a very active member of DS(Debating Society) of GCU.
|2007||Piya Naam Ka Diya|
|2011||Pani Jaisa Pyar||Hum TV|
|Mera Yaqeen||Ary Digital|
|2013||Main Manto||ARY Digital|
Dhokay Baaz - Hum TV
- "Shehr-e-Zaat: A spiritual romance". Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Latest Interview with Sarmad Khoosat,Celebrity Online,Spotlight,Pakisatani Pop Stars,Rock Stars,Singers,Actors,Actresses". Telepk.com. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "‘TV, today, is truly an idiot box that kills visceral continuity’ — Sarmad Khoosat -DAWN Images; October 22, 2006". Archives.dawn.com. 2006-10-22. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Pani Jaisa Pyar Review". Retrieved February 29, 2012.
- "International Segment: Humsafar, a journey you wouldn't want to miss". Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- fatima (2011-10-22). "2 cents on Humsafar’s Journey so far". OyeDramay. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Humsafar — Mohabbaton ka safar". Retrieved February 29, 2012.
- "Humsafar: Here’s what the noise is about". Retrieved February 29, 2012.
- Raza, Rahib (2011-02-13). "Festival at LUMS: Learning from others key to reviving film industry – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
|This Pakistani biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|