From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sarmatia or Sarmatian can refer to:
- the land of Sarmatians, western Scythia as described by many classical authors, such as Herodotus in the 5th century BC
- Sarmatian languages, part of Scythian languages
- Semi-legendary and unofficial name of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, popularised in the 17th century
- Sarmatism, lifestyle of the aristocracy of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth
- Sarmatian Review, a peer reviewed academic journal on the Slavistics published by Rice University
- A Description of Sarmatian Europe, a chronicle by Alexander Guagnini first published in 1578
- Sarmatian Craton, in geology the southern segment/region of the East European craton
- Sarmatian (age), an age in the geologic timescale of the Paratethys region
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.