27 November 1966 |
|Genres||Mediterranean Instrumental, Nuevo Flamenco, Folk, World, Sicilian|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Guitarist, Composer, Art Director|
|Instruments||Flamenco guitar, Mandolin, Acoustic guitar, Tzouras, Chitarra battente|
|Labels||Saro Tribastone, Record Union, ZYX Music|
|Associated acts||Cordasicula, Faciti Rota, Robasicula|
Saro Tribastone (born 27 November 1966 in Ragusa) is an Italian composer, guitarist and performer of Mediterranean instrumental music who expresses his love for his homeland in Sicily though his composition and performances of acoustic music. He is adept at playing a number of different string instruments like Italian guitar, Flamenco guitar, the Greek Tzouras, Chitarra battente, mandolin and swing guitar, to create his unique sound.
His compositions express sounds of music made of popular Sicilian, Spanish flamenco and Latin rhythms and also echoes ethnic Greek, Arabian and Indian sounds. His style resembles the nuevo flamenco and world music. His passion for music began at the age of 6, when he was given his first acoustic guitar. Since then, he has been continuously perfecting his technique of Flamenco from various lands. At the age of 8, he started making his first short instrumental compositions. In his musical career, he has also composed soundtracks for several documentaries and television. Some of his songs have been used as accompanying music for programs broadcast on satellite TV in the USA over the years. Some choice tracks have been placed in satellite TV programs for the BBC, RAI, Discovery Channel, MTV and The Oprah Winfrey Show. His music also has been featured on The Landscape Channel.
In 2006, his first EP titled Fanusa was released, which contains the songs "Fanusa", a flamenco-derived South American track, "Serenade", inspired from Celtic music, and "Danza de la Luna Nueva", which mixes tango, flamenco and Greek music. Two of his songs, "Eve" and "Bongo Beach", produced together with the English duo Coyote were selected for the Laissez Faire Lounge 2 compilation, produced by ZYX Music as well as many other compilation albums. His latest album is Viento De Siroco, which is full of Mediterranean melodies. Many of his songs are named after places in Italy as a tribute to his homeland. His song "Libertad" features the Middle Eastern drum darabukka accompanying the guitar.
To date Saro has two albums and a single to his credit: The single Salinas (2012), the full length instrumental world collection titled Viento De Siroco (2009) and the EP Fanusa (2006).
In addition, he often performs live together in groups with Sicilian folk musicians. Associated acts include Cordasicula, a Sicilian duo since 2012, which offers original music inspired by the traditional sounds of the Mediterranean, especially in Sicily and southern Italy, wherein vocals and frame drums by Marilena Fede, are intertwined with the melodies played by Saro Tribastone on tzouras, mandolin and swing guitar. Tribastone also performs with the folk music band Faciti Rota from southern Italy. Saro also joined a group called Robasicula in 2007 and has been playing traditional and original popular music from Sicily with them, and currently performs live frequently. He also has art directed some folk music festivals and concerts in Sicily, like Ibla Folk, Abballati Abballati and Il Cuore In Una Barca Di Carta (The Heart In A Paper Boat).
- Fanusa (2006)
- Viento De Siroco (2009)
- Salinas (2012)
Saro Tribastone playing the Greek Tzouras in a live event
The duo Cordasicula performing live in Paris
- "Biography". Saro Tribastone. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Saro Tribastone's Biography – Free listening, concerts, stats, & pictures at". Last.fm. 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- nuova_musica_Italia (2013-08-14). "Saro tribastone credits". Slideshare.net. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Pick of the Week: Saro Tribastone / iBerkshires.com - The Berkshires online guide to events, news and Berkshire County community information". Iberkshires.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Muzik Reviews". Muzik Reviews. 2009-08-12. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- Steven R. Rochlin. "Saro Tribastone Fanusa Review By Keith "MuzikMan" Hannaleck". Enjoythemusic.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Relaxing classical and instrumental music television - Musicians and Orchestras". LandscapeHD. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- ergo. "Musicadiversa: Saro Tribastone, compositore e chitarrista siciliano". Musicadiversa.blogspot.in. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Saro Tribastone-Fanusa". Gather. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Saro Tribastone "Viento De Siroco" | Review You CD Reviews". Reviewyou.com. 2009-09-22. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Saro Tribastone Music - World - Spanish,World - Eastern European | Getty Images". Gettyimages.in. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Faciti Rota | Biography". Guguchu.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Cordasicula". Cordasicula.tumblr.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Home - Faciti Rota - Canti e balli dai Monti Iblei al Salento". Facitirota.jimdo.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Appuntamenti Ragusa - Faciti rota, la musica popolare a Ragusa". RagusaNews. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Appuntamenti Ibla folk - I Faciti Rota e i Nakaira in concerto a Ragusa Ibla". RagusaNews. 2011-11-03. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Appuntamenti Ragusa - Il Trio Casamia e i Cordasicula a Ragusa". RagusaNews. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Appuntamenti Ragusa - La musica irlandese a Ibla Folk". RagusaNews. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Ibla Folk". Viaggisicilia.com. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Faciti Rota - Big". simplebooklet.com. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Modica: Presentazione del primo cd del gruppo musicale "Robasicula" presso il Liceo Convitto - Radio RTM Modica". Radiortm.it. 2009-06-29. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- Cassino (2013-06-17). "Stage". Muvonapp.com. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- Official website
- Saro Tribastone on Facebook
- Saro Tribastone on Myspace
- Saro Tribastone on Twitter
- Saro Tribastone's channel on YouTube
- Saro Tribastone on Flickr
- Saro Tribastone on SoundCloud
- Saro Tribastone on Last.fm
- Saro Tribastone on CD Baby
- Saro Tribastone at AllMusic
- Saro Tribastone on Thesixtyone
- Saro Tribastone on Bandcamp
- Saro Tribastone on MusicBrainz
- Saro Tribastone on BBC Music