|Elevation||487 m (1,598 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||+91 , 040|
Sururnagar is located at  It has an average elevation of 487 meters (1601 ft)..
Saroornagar Mandal has a population of 3,91,358 in 2001. Males consists of 2,02,926 and females 1,88,432.
Villages and Panchayats
- Almasguda (village and panchayat)
- Badangpet (village and panchayat)
- Balapur (village and panchayat)
- Balapur 'X' Roads
- Janapriya Mahanagar
- Gaddi Annaram
- Gurramguda (village and panchayat)
- Jalpalle (village and panchayat)
- Jillelguda (village and panchayat)
- Kothapet (village and panchayat)
- Kurmalguda (village and panchayat)
- L. B. Nagar is a census town and Municipality in Rangareddi district in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Mamidipalle (village and panchayat)
- Meerpet (village and panchayat)
- Nadergul (village and panchayat)
- Pahadi Shareef
- Papaya Kumandan
- Saroornagar (village, panchayat and mandal headquarters)
- Thumma Bowli
- Thummalakunta and
- Venkatapur (village and panchayat)
Places of interest
- Saroornagar Lake
- This reservoir was constructed in late 16th century during the reign of Quli Qutub Shah to provide water for irrigation of farm lands. This 400 year old lake is spread in an area of 1 square kilometre. Due to the population explosion in Hyderabad after independence, the farm land around this lake has been converted into residential area. In recent years, there have been efforts to beautify the lake and its surroundings.
- Saroornagar Indoor Stadium
- This indoor sporting arena is located on the National Highway to Vijayawada. It was constructed in 2002 during the 32nd National Games held in Hyderabad. The capacity of the arena is 2,000 people.
- Saroornagar Palace / Victoria Memorial Orphanage
- The Sixth Nizam Mir Mahboob Ali Khan build this structure both as a hunting lodge and a as summer resort for his family. The palace came up in 65 acres (260,000 m2) of land close to the Saroornagar lake. It was considered inauspicious for the Nizam, who then ordered that it be used as an orphanage. On the request of the then British Resident, it was dedicated to the memory of Queen Victoria. Now-a-days widely it is using for making movies.
- Global Hospital
- Originally called Aware Hospital, this hospital was established by founder Chairman P.K.S. Madhavan on the occasion of the silver jubilee year of AWARE (Action for Welfare and Awakening in Rural Environment), a charitable organization. The hospital is on Nagarjuna Sagar Road at Shanthivanam in Bairamalguda. It is designed with a spiritual ambience, and has exceptional landscaping. It has 300 beds with 50 speciality departments, state-of-the-art-equipment and renowned medical specialists providing 24 hrs service.
- Among the suburb's cinemas are Shiva Ganga, Shalini Shivani, Sharada, Konark, Venkatadri, Sree Laxmi, Megha, and Rajdhani.
Priyadarshini park at the shore of the lake, Huda complex park which is near by AP GENCO.
M.V.S.R Engineering college,Nadergul,sarroornagar TKR Institutions Meerpet(V),Saroornagar(M) SANVI WOMENS PG College,Almasguda(V) Saroornagar(M)
Loyola Convent High School, Venkateshwara Colony, Saroornagar (M). ST. Mary's Model High School, Lingojiguda (V), Saroornagar (M).
'Sri Vidya Vihar High School' is a famous educational institution, a few hundred meters from the famous lake.