||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. (Discuss) Proposed since May 2014.|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
The Sarsanghchalak is the paramount leader of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.
He the Philosophical guide of the organisation. In his capacity as the head of RSS, he is also the mentor of the group of organisations collectively known as Sangh Parivar. He is nominated by his predecessor.
The six individuals who have held the post so far are as follows:
- Keshav Baliram Hedgewar (1925-1930 and 1931 to 1940)
- Laxman Vaman Paranjpe (1930-1931) (when Dr Hedgewar was in jail during Forest Satyagraha)
- Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar, called as Guruji (1940-1973)
- Madhukar Dattatraya Deoras, called as Balasaheb (1973-1994)
- Rajendra Singh, called as Rajjubhaiya (1994-2000)
- K. S. Sudarshan (2000-2009)
- Mohan Bhagawat (March 2009-present)
|This religion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|