|Publisher||State Institute of Encyclopaedic Publications|
Sarvavijnanakosam, known in English as the Malayalam Encyclopaedia, is a general encyclopedia in the Malayalam language. It is intended to be a "a compendium of world knowledge", covering over 32,000 topics. The first volume was published in 1972, and currently 15 of the 20 volumes have been published. It is published by the State Institute of Encyclopaedic Publications. The encyclopedia received a national award for best reference book in 1979, and volume 12 received the Dravidian Linguists' Association award for best educational book of 2003.
A web edition was launched in June 2008, which contains articles included in volumes 12, 13 and 15 of Sarvavijnanakosam as well as those in the revised editions of the first two volumes The site uses a MediaWiki platform which allows the public to contribute.
- Venkataraman, T. K.; S. Nagarajan (1981). Professor T.K. Venkataraman's 81st birthday commemoration volume. Madurai Tamilology Publishers. p. 20. OCLC 9644941.
- The State Institute of Encyclopaedic Publications
- Books India (National Book Trust) (2): 72. 1972. OCLC 1780786.
- Datta, Amaresh (2006). The Encyclopaedia Of Indian Literature (Volume Two) (Devraj To Jyoti), Volume 2. Sahitya Akademi. p. 1167. ISBN 978-81-260-1194-0.
- "Award for encyclopaedia". The Hindu. 24 June 2004. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
|This article about a reference book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This India-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|