Agha at the 59th Filmfare Awards 2013
|Born||Zara Agha Khan
1 January 1992
London, England, UK
|Parents||Rehmat Khan (father)
Salma Agha (mother)
|Relatives||See Agha family|
Sasha Agha (born as Zara Agha Khan on 1 January 1992) is a Pakistani British actress and singer who appears in Hindi films. Agha made her screen debut with a leading role in the 2013 Aditya Chopra romantic thriller Aurangzeb, a box office flop but her performance won wide critical acclaim, and earned her a nomination for the Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut.
Agha is the daughter of Pakistani squash player Rehmat Khan and Indian singer Salma Agha  and the granddaughter of Nasrullah Khan. Her parents divorced each other when she was six or seven years old. She has one younger brother, Liaqat Ali Khan who is a gold medalist in badminton, one half-brother Tariq Khan, and two half-sisters Suraiya Khan and Natasha Khan (better known as Bat for Lashes, a British singer-songwriter). She is the niece of squash players Jahangir Khan and Torsam Khan. She is also the second cousin of actors Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor.
Agha lived in London until the age of 7, when she moved to India with her family. She studied at Jankidevi Public School in Mumbai till 6th grade. After that, the family lived in New Jersey, United States, till Agha completed 10th grade. From the ages of 16 to 18, Agha lived in Dubai and studied at the Dubai American Scientific School.
Agha made her film debut in Yash Raj's romantic thriller Aurangzeb opposite Arjun Kapoor and Prithviraj Sukumaran. The film revolves around the twin brothers who find themselves caught in a quagmire of sex and lies. Sasha portrayal of Ritu, outspoken and power hungry rich girl, was particularly praised. Times of India observed, "Sasha is petite, pug-nosed and has a nice figure. Her portrayal of golden-hearted whore, like the one Parveen Babi played in Deewaar, is fabulous." For her performance, Agha was nominated for Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut.  Agha is currently working in her upcoming film Anand Kumar's romantic thriller Desi Kattey alongside Suniel Shetty, Jay Bhanushali, and Tia Bajpai. Sasha will play the role of a physiotherapist.
Agha's main vocal influence was her mother, who she said was "passionate about singing", and helped develop her interest in singing. She used her vocal talent early in her school life. Her first recording, the song "Barbaadiyaan" along with Ram Sampath in the 2013 film Aurangzeb. The song received mixed reviews from critics, and was a commercial success in India.
In the Media
|2013||Aurangzeb||Ritu||Also sung the song Barbaadiyaan with Ram Sampath
Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sasha Agha.|
- "Sasha Agha Pakistani actress". Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Agha, Sasha (16 June 2013). "Sasha Agha, Pakistani actress in Bollywood". Twitter. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "Sasha Agha, a British Pakistani actress". Retrieved 11/08/2013.
- Hum Awaz: Entertainment Magazine: Meet the beautiful Sasha Agha: Pakistani actress Salma Agha's daughter in 'Aurangzeb'. Humawaz.blogspot.com. April 2013.
- Sashaa Agha Biography, Sashaa Agha family. Dhantenan.com. Retrieved on 29 March 2014.
- DailyTube – Sashaa Agha – Pakistani actress. Dailytube4u.com (29 July 2013). Retrieved on 29 March 2014.
- "Interview for Harper's Bazaar". Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor to root for cousin Sasha Agha's Aurangzeb". Daily Bhaskar.
- Radhakrishnan, Manjusha (13 May 2013). "Dubai girl Sasheh Aagha makes Bollywood debut". Gulf News.
- PHOTOS: Yash raj to launch Pakistani actress – The Indian Express. Archive.indianexpress.com. Retrieved on 29 March 2014.
- "Sasha Agha makes Arjun Kapoor jittery during lovemaking scene". NDTV. 29 November 2012.
- Aurangzeb movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved on 29 March 2014.
- Priyakshi, Prerana (11 October 2013). "Desi Kattey: Suniel Shetty, Jay Bhanushali and Others at Film's Muharat". ibtimes.co.in.
- "FHM India's 100 Sexiest Women In The World 2013: The full list!". Retrieved 27 October 2013.