Grey at the AVN Awards Show in 2010
|Born||Marina Ann Hantzis
March 14, 1988
North Highlands, California, U.S.
|Other names||Anna Karina, Sascha Grey, Sasha Gray|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg)|
|No. of adult films||301 as a performer
2 as a director
Sasha Grey (born Marina Ann Hantzis; March 14, 1988) is an American former pornographic actress who has since become a mainstream actress, model, author and musician. She first made her name in mainstream media after appearing on several popular television programs and in pop culture magazines examining her willingness to enter the world of hardcore porn at a young age. She has also been featured in music videos and advertising campaigns. She won numerous awards between 2007 and 2010, including the AVN Female Performer of the Year Award in 2008.
After her feature film debut as the lead in Steven Soderbergh's The Girlfriend Experience, she shifted her focus to mainstream acting. She starred in the black comedy/horror film Smash Cut, and played a semi-fictionalized version of herself in the seventh season of the HBO television series Entourage. She has also appeared in independent films, such as I Melt With You and Open Windows. She is a former member of aTelecine, an industrial music band.
In May 2006, Grey moved to Los Angeles and began appearing in adult films just after turning 18. Originally she toyed with the name Anna Karina, taken after the French New Wave actress, before deciding on her present name. The name "Sasha" was taken from Sascha Konietzko of the band KMFDM, and "Grey" represents Oscar Wilde's novel The Picture of Dorian Gray. Her first scene was an orgy with Rocco Siffredi for The Fashionistas 2 by John Stagliano. Grey quickly made a name for herself in the business after she asked Siffredi to punch her in the stomach; however, she later stated that she was improvising and it was taken out of context.
In January 2007, Grey was the recipient of awards for "Best Three Way Sex Scene" and "Best Group Scene" at the AVN Adult Movie Awards. She was also nominated as "Best New Starlet", but lost to Naomi. Grey was named Penthouse magazine Pet of The Month for July 2007 and was photographed by fashion photographer Terry Richardson.
In 2008, she became the youngest person to win the AVN "Female Performer of the Year" award and "Best Oral Sex Scene". Grey formerly represented herself in the adult industry through her own agency, L.A. Factory Girls. Grey has indicated particular appreciation for the work of Andrew Blake and Kimberly Kane. A. O. Scott of The New York Times described her pornographic career as "distinguished both by the extremity of what she is willing to do and an unusual degree of intellectual seriousness about doing it." In 2009, she was voted number 1 on Genesis magazine's 11th annual edition of its "Porn's Hot 100" issue
Less than six months after entering the adult industry, Grey was featured in the November 2006 edition of Los Angeles where she was flagged as a potential major star, perhaps the next Jenna Jameson. In December 2006, Grey was interviewed on the syndicated entertainment industry news show The Insider.
In February 2007, she appeared on The Tyra Banks Show, discussing teenagers in the sex industry. There was speculation that the show was heavily manipulated through editing, and did not include her defense of pornography as a career choice. The show was also criticized for twisting Grey's depiction to increase its dramatic value.
In 2011, she was named by CNBC as one of the 12 most popular stars in porn. CNBC noted that, while she is no longer acting in porn films, her current mainstream roles have kept interest in her earlier porn work high, and several companies continue to release compilations of it. Grey filmed her last pornographic movie at age 21, although she did not announce her retirement for some time after, realizing that many of her fans still believed her to be an active performer in the industry. On April 8, 2011, she officially announced her retirement from adult films on Facebook.
Grey has been an advocate for the adult industry and defended her choice to be a porn actress. In a March 2014 interview, she spoke in defense of the industry and on behalf of outed Duke University student turned porn star, Belle Knox.
She has modeled for French fashion designer Max Azria's ready to wear line Manoukian, Italian footwear brand Forfex for an international campaign, and American Apparel. She's modeled for Richard Kern as a part of Vice magazine's anti-fashion layout, and appeared in a three-part VBS program, "Shot by Kern". She also appeared in Taschen's 25th anniversary reprint of Terry Richardson's Terryworld. Among other collaborations with Richardson, she has also appeared in Wives, Wheels, Weapons, a companion book to James Frey's Bright Shiny Morning. She has also modeled for artists James Jean, Frédéric Poincelet, Zak Smith, and David Choe.
Grey has appeared in Playboy magazine twice, first in a December 2009 pictorial, and then for the cover feature in October 2010. In January 2010, Grey appeared nude in an ad campaign for PETA advocating animal birth control. In February 2010, Grey stated in a PETA interview, "I think spaying and neutering is incredibly important. ... [I]t keeps the animals out of the shelters, and there's too many unwanted animals out there already".
Grey appeared in an episode of James Gunn's PG Porn with James Gunn, as well as a cameo role in Dick Rude's independent film Quit, and stars in the 2009 Canadian low-budget black comedy/horror film Smash Cut from the Ottawa-based Odessa/Zed Filmworks. She plays a TV news personality who goes undercover as an actress in a horror film production, only to discover her older sister's murderer. In March 2010, Grey was cast as an anti-sex Christian in the horror film Hallows, directed by Richard O'Sullivan.
Grey played the lead role, "Chelsea", an escort girl who is paid to act as the clients' girlfriend, in Academy Award-winning director Steven Soderbergh's film The Girlfriend Experience. Soderbergh cast her after reading the article profiling her in Los Angeles magazine, commenting that, "She's kind of a new breed, I think. She doesn't really fit the typical mold of someone who goes into the adult film business...I'd never heard anybody talk about the business the way that she talked about it." In having Grey prepare for her role in The Girlfriend Experience, Soderbergh asked her to watch Godard's Vivre sa vie and Pierrot le fou. Vivre sa vie concerns prostitution, while the relationship portrayed in Pierrot le fou was suggested as a model for the dynamic between Chelsea and her boyfriend and clients. Grey and Soderbergh also interviewed two escorts, and borrowed character traits and behavior from them. Critics had mixed assessments of Grey's performance.
Grey was cast for the seventh season of the HBO show Entourage, where she played a fictionalized version of herself. Her character was Vincent Chase's new girlfriend in a multi-episode arc. Grey co-starred alongside Thomas Jane, Carla Gugino, Jeremy Piven and Rob Lowe in the thriller I Melt With You which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2011. She then starred in the Indonesian film Shrouded Corpse Bathing While Hip-Shaking. The film premiered in Indonesia on April 28, 2011. She subsequently starred in the French film Life, which was released on DVD in France on August 10, 2011, and voiced the character Viola DeWynter in the 2011 video game Saints Row: The Third, which was released in November 2011. In 2013, she appeared alongside Mariya Ocher in the German documentary series Durch die Nacht mit ..., their episode airing on German and French television on December 7, 2013.
In February of that same year, she appeared in the music video for Eminem's song "Space Bound". Grey plays the role of Eminem's girlfriend, whom Eminem strangles only to realize she is just a figment of his imagination. The video was premiered on Vevo on June 27, 2011. Previously, she appeared in the music video for the 2008 song "Birthday Girl" by The Roots. She also is featured in the artwork for The Smashing Pumpkins 2007 album Zeitgeist and appears in the music video for their song "Superchrist".
In 2008, Grey began an industrial music collaboration, called aTelecine, with Pablo St. Francis. They later added members Anthony D' Juan and Ian Cinnamon. Their first EP, aVigillant Carpark, was released in 2009 by New York label Pendu Sound on 7-inch vinyl only. Grey also contributed vocals to the Current 93 album Aleph at Hallucinatory Mountain. She also regularly performs as a DJ in the US and Canada. In 2010, aTelecine released their first LP, ...And Six Dark Hours Pass, and in November of the same year followed it up with the LP A Cassette Tape Culture. In August 9, 2011, aTelecine's first full length album, The Falcon and the Pod, was released; this album is the first of a planned trilogy. In addition to her work with Eminem, Grey is listed by Narnack Records website as a guest artist on Repentance, the 54th studio album by Grammy-winning reggae and dub icon Lee "Scratch" Perry, though Perry himself denied her involvement in a 2009 interview.
In July 2013, it was announced that Grey was no longer a member of the group and that Ian Cinnamon and new vocalist, Sveio, were the only remaining full-time members.
|2008||9to5 – Days in Porn||Herself|
|2009||Girlfriend Experience, TheThe Girlfriend Experience||Chelsea / Christine Brown|
|Smash Cut||April Carson|
|2011||I Melt With You||Raven|
|Skinny Dip||Holly Haven|
|2012||The Girl from the Naked Eye||Lena|
|Would You Rather||Amy|
|2014||Open Windows||Jill Goddard|
|2009||Porn: Business of Pleasure||Herself||CNBC TV Documentary|
|2013||Durch die Nacht mit ...||Herself||1 episode|
|2008||Birthday Girl||Birthday Girl||The Roots video|
|Superchrist||Dancer||The Smashing Pumpkins video|
|2011||Space Bound||Girl||Eminem video|
|2014||Toxic||Villainess||David J video|
|2009||James Gunn's PG Porn||Tricia Scrotey||Episode: "Roadside Ass-istance"|
|2011||Saints Row: The Third||Viola DeWynter||Voice|
|2015||Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell||Viola DeWynter||Voice|
|2007||AVN Award||Best Three-Way Sex Scene||Fuck Slaves||Sandra Romain & Manuel Ferrara|
|AVN Award||Best Group Sex Scene – Video||Fashionistas Safado||Flower Tucci, Christian XXX, Erik Everhard, Belladonna, Jewell Marceau, Chris Charming, Gianna, Jean Val Jean, Melissa Lauren, Voodoo, Marie Luv, Adrianna Nicole, Caroline Pierce, Jenna Haze, Nicole Sheridan, Mr. Pete, Sandra Romain|
|XRCO Awards||New Starlet||N/A||N/A|
|2008||AVN Award||Best Oral Sex Scene, Video||Babysitters||N/A|
|AVN Award||Female Performer of the Year||N/A||N/A|
|XRCO Awards||Female Performer of the Year||N/A||N/A|
|2009||XRCO Awards||Mainstream Adult Media Favorite||N/A||N/A|
|2010||AVN Award||Best Anal Sex Scene||Anal Cavity Search 6||Erik Everhard|
|AVN Award||Best Oral Sex Scene||Throat: A Cautionary Tale||N/A|
|AVN Award||Crossover Star of the Year||N/A||N/A|
|FAME Awards||Favorite Oral Starlet||N/A||N/A|
|XBIZ Awards||Crossover Star of the Year||N/A||N/A|
|XRCO Awards||Mainstream Adult Media Favorite||N/A||N/A|
- 2007 Adam Film World Guide Award – Teen Dream of the Year
- 2007 Adultcon – Top 20 Adult Actresses
- 2010 TLARAW Award – Best Sex Toy – Sasha Grey Deep Penetration Vibrating Pussy and Ass
- 2011 TLARAW Award – Best Sex Toy – Sasha Grey Cream Pie Pussy
Grey was born and raised in North Highlands, California, to a working-class family. Her mother worked for the state of California, and her father was a mechanic. She is of English, Greek, Irish, and Polish descent. Her parents divorced when she was five years old, and she was subsequently raised by her mother, who remarried in 2000.
Grey attended four high schools, among them Highlands High, having been unhappy in each one, though she graduated a year early at 17. In late 2005, she attended Sacramento City College and took classes in film, dance, and acting. She waited tables at a steakhouse through March 2006 and saved $7,000 for a move to Los Angeles.
Grey states that her parents were not happy with her involvement in the adult industry, but that they are on good terms nonetheless. Since 2006, she has been developing an autobiographical documentary, illustrating her experiences from the age of 18 to 21. She was reported in a 2009 Rolling Stone interview as being engaged to filmmaker Ian Cinnamon. She identifies herself as bisexual and is a smoker. On August 2014, Grey was granted a restraining order against her ex-boyfriend Ian Cinnamon after he abused her for years and pressured her to start her porn career. The Los Angeles County judge sided with Grey and Cinnamon must stay 200 yards away from her.
In November 2011, Grey participated in the Guest Reading Program at Emerson Elementary School (Compton, California). Reportedly, her involvement in such activity was first denied to the media by school officials. Parents were upset that a former pornographic actress would read to their children as part of an education program. Grey responded to the controversy by stating, "I believe education is a universal right. I committed to this program with the understanding that people would have their own opinions about what I have done, who I am, and what I represent." Grey also appeared on the American talk show The View, where she explained that she thought the parents should have been given prior notice of the identity of anyone who did guest reading, and that if parents had objected to her, she would not have done it.
- Lee, Chris (May 21, 2009). "Porn star Sasha Grey gets a mainstream role". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- "Adult VOD – Porn Video on Demand". vod.adultemart.com. January 13, 2008. Retrieved April 18, 2010.
- Sasha Grey at the Internet Adult Film Database
- "Eminem Casts Sasha Grey in 'Space Bound' Music Video". AVN Magazine. February 18, 2011.
- Howard Gensler (October 11, 2010). "Porn star Sasha Grey Makes a Bold Move into the Mainstream". Philly.com. Retrieved October 17, 2010.
- "The Roots: New videos on the way". blogs.okayplayer.com. April 9, 2008. Archived from the original on March 28, 2010.
- Yücel, Ilker (November 23, 2008). "Review ATelecine". Re-gen Magazine. Archived from the original on February 25, 2009.
- Dave Gardetta (November 1, 2006). "The teenager & the porn star: will 18-year-old Sasha Grey become the adult film industry's next Jenna Jameson?". Los Angeles Magazine. Archived from the original on May 26, 2009. Retrieved February 21, 2011.
- Warren, Peter (November 17, 2006). "Sasha Grey to Appear on 'Tyra Banks Show'". AVN. Retrieved May 3, 2009.
- Ray (July 21, 2007). "Sasha Grey on Pumpkins' 'Zeitgeist'". Porn Valley News. Retrieved December 21, 2007.
- staff. "Sasha Grey, for Forfex ad campaign".
- "aTelecine". Pendu Sound Recordings. Retrieved April 19, 2010.
- "PlayGround Mix 149: aTelecine". Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Sasha Grey at Adult VOD". Vod.adultemart.com. January 13, 2008. Retrieved April 18, 2010.
- "Sasha Grey: Your New Girlfriend — BlackBook". Blackbookmag.com. October 17, 2008. Retrieved April 18, 2010.
- "Scott Feinberg Interviews Sasha Grey". YouTube. December 27, 2010. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- "Past AVN Winners". AVN. Retrieved February 19, 2010.
- Peter Warren (July 3, 2007). "Sasha Grey Crowned Penthouse Pet of the Month". AVN. Retrieved October 7, 2007.
- "Memo Pad: Really It's Art... Picture This... It's Always L.A.'s Fault...". Women's Wear Daily. WWD.com. June 7, 2007. Retrieved March 8, 2009.
- "Sasha Grey is a Star and not a Crossover Star". blueblood.net. October 23, 2008. Retrieved April 18, 2010.
- "AVN Award Winners For 2010". AVN. Retrieved July 27, 2011.
- Albo, Mike (March 14, 2008). "Sasha Grey Set to Open LA Factory Girls Agency". AVN. Retrieved November 11, 2008.
- Scott Macaulay, "Stimulus Package", Filmmaker, Spring 2009, vol. 17, #3, p. 50
- Scott, A.O. (May 22, 2009). "Movie Review: The Girlfriend Experience". The New York Times. Retrieved September 25, 2010.
- "Genesis Unveils 11th Annual Hot 100". AVN. October 20, 2009. Retrieved October 20, 2009.
- "2009 Porn's Hot 100 | Genesis Online: The Latest Porn Gossip". Genesis Online. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- Warren, Peter (February 9, 2007). "Commentary: Sasha Grey Goes on 'The Tyra Banks Show'". AVN. Retrieved May 3, 2009.
- Peter Warren (November 17, 2006). "Sasha Grey to Appear on 'Tyra Banks Show'". AVN. AVN Magazine. Retrieved May 3, 2009.
- COED Staff. "The Girls of Rolling Stone's Hot List 2008". CoEd.
- "The Dirty Dozen: Porn's Most Popular Stars". CNBC.
- "Sasha Grey Interview". YouTube. October 22, 2011. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- Sasha Grey (April 8, 2011). "Something for the Fans" (Public Timeline Photo). Facebook. Retrieved November 17, 2011.
- Stern, Marlow. "Sasha Grey on Her Secret 'True Detective' Cameo, 'Open Windows,' and the Duke Porn Star Backlash". The Daily Beast. Retrieved March 18, 2014.
- Lux Alptraum. "Sasha Grey, Fashion Model".
- "BCBG Max Azria purchase of Manoukian a fact". fashionunited.co.uk. July 18, 2005.
- "Shot By Kern".
- David Sullivan (August 7, 2008). "Sasha Grey Strikes New Poses". AVN.
- Smith, Zak. Girls in the Naked Girl Business. The Saatchi Gallery. Accessed September 22, 2009.
- Todd Konrad. "Sasha Grey:No Boundaries Left to Cross".
- "Sasha Grey Is 'Lolita' in December 'Playboy'". AVN. November 12, 2009.
- Playboy, vol. 57, no. 9, October 2010. cover, "Grey's Anatomy," pp. 48–53.
- Lila Shapiro (January 19, 2010). "Sasha Grey Nude PETA Ad Promoting Animal Birth Control". The Huffington Post. Retrieved January 20, 2010.
- "Sasha Grey Promotes Animal Birth Control". Action.peta.org.uk. Retrieved April 18, 2010.
- David Sullivan (September 26, 2008). "James Gunn Casts XXX Stars in 'PG Porn'". AVN. Retrieved November 11, 2008.
- Quit at the Internet Movie Database
- "Smash Cut Casts Sasha Grey". The Movie Blog. May 14, 2008. Retrieved April 18, 2010.
- "Richard O'Sullivan Talks More About Sasha Grey Trading Porn for Purity in 'Hallows'". Horrorsquad.com. March 16, 2010. Retrieved April 18, 2010.
- David Sullivan (October 14, 2008). "Sasha Grey Stars in Steven Soderbergh Feature". AVN. Retrieved October 17, 2008.
- Mike Flaherty (October 15, 2008). "Porn star cast in Soderbergh film". Variety. Retrieved October 17, 2008.
- Scott Macaulay, "Stimulus Package", Filmmaker, Spring 2009, vol. 17, #3, p. 49
- G. Allen Johnson (May 21, 2009). "Q&A with Sasha Grey". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- J. Hoberman. "Soderbergh's Girlfriend Experience Porn-Star Is a True Character". Village Voice. April 28, 2009. Accessed April 29, 2009.
- Roger Ebert, The Girlfriend Experience. Chicago Sun Times. May 20, 2009. Accessed May 29, 2009.
- M. Macdonald, "'The Girlfriend Experience': Soderbergh's sketch of a movie", "Seattle Times", May 21, 2009. Accessed May 23, 2009.
- D. Denby, "Young Romantics". The New Yorker. September 21, 2009, at p. 98. Accessed September 21, 2009.
- "Porn star Sasha Grey to play Vince's girlfriend on 'Entourage'". Entertainment Weekly. May 7, 2010. Retrieved November 24, 2010.
- I Melt with You at the Internet Movie Database
- Another Indonesian Film to Feature International Porn Star. The Jakarta Globe. April 12, 2011. Retrieved November 17, 2011.
- Durch die Nacht mit Sasha Grey und Mary Ocher (german)
- Jayson Rodriguez (February 18, 2011). "Eminem Shoots 'Space Bound' Video With Porn Star Sasha Grey". MTV News. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- "Eminem Co-Star Sasha Grey Interprets Suicidal 'Space Bound' Video". MTV. June 27, 2011. Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- !/Eminem/status/84026764480876545 Eminem's tweet about Space Bound] on Twitter
- "The Roots "Sasha Grey". Blogs.okayplayer.com. April 9, 2008. Retrieved April 18, 2010.
- "The Smashing Pumpkins – Superchrist". Myspace. February 27, 2008.
- "Current 93 – Aleph at Hallucinatory Mountain". Durtro.greedbag.com. May 18, 2009. Retrieved April 18, 2010.
- Bill Harris (October 6, 2010). "'Entourage' lifts ex-porn star's career". Toronto Sun. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- "aTelecine (Feat. Sasha Grey) – "It's All Write" & "I Came I Sat I Departed" (Stereogum Premiere)". Stereo Gum. October 13, 2010.
- "aTelecine – The Falcon and the Pod (2011)". August 16, 2011. Retrieved August 16, 2011.
- "'Pitchfork: Sasha Grey Has an Experimental Goth Band'". May 2, 2011. Retrieved June 24, 2011.
- "Narnack Records – Artist: Lee Scratch Perry". Narnack Records. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
Guest artists include electronic maven Moby (...) and adult entertainer Sasha Grey.
- San Francisco Chronicle. "The 2003 Grammy award winners". February 24, 2003.
- "Dub Legend Lee "Scratch" Perry Sets the Record (Kind of) Straight". Flavorwire.com. February 18, 2009. Retrieved June 27, 2010.
She didn't have anything to do with it. That's a rumor.
- "Unsound 2012: First Acts Announced". TheQuietus.com. June 11, 2012. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
First up is a Telecine, who will be delivering the world premiere of their live show. Consisting of Sasha Grey, Pablo St. Francis, Ian Cinnamon and Anthony D'Juan, their music draws heavily from early British industrial, with Grey having cited TG and Coil especially as influences in the past.
- "Sasha Grey: Neü Sex".
- Sasha Grey; Ian P. (PHT) Cinnamon (March 29, 2011). Neu Sex. powerHouse Books. ISBN 978-1-57687-556-8. Retrieved May 14, 2011.
- "Sasha Grey: Neü Sex on Underbrain Mgz".
- Lila Gray (May 6, 2013). "Sasha Grey's Erotic Novel Debuts Thursday". XBIZ.
- Nelson X (March 29, 2007). "Adam Film World Announces Annual Award Winners". Adult Video News. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- "Adultcon Names Top 20 Adult Actresses Honor Roll". XBiz. December 27, 2007. Retrieved January 1, 2008.
- "TLARAW.com Announces 2010 Raw Award Winners". AVN. April 13, 2010. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- "TLARAW.com Announces 2011 Raw Award Winners". AVN. April 12, 2011. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- "Sasha Grey Talks". flavorwire.com. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- "A star is porn". Sacramento News & Review. January 1, 2008. Retrieved July 20, 2013.*a "Grey never wanted out of Sacramento per se, but she did want to avoid becoming what she calls "the North Highlands stereotype: a 19-year-old with a kid, another one on the way and living my life waiting for the next weekend to come.” — ¶ 7.
- b "During her first semester at Sacramento City College..." — ¶ 9.
- Eric Alt (May 5, 2010). "Exclusive: Actress Sasha Grey Works "9 To 5: Days in Porn"". Maxim. Retrieved May 5, 2010.
- Peter Warren (February 18, 2007). "Sasha Grey Speaks to UCLA Production Class". AVN. Retrieved March 30, 2007.
- Vanessa Grigoriadis (May 14, 2009). "The Dirtiest Girl in Porn". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on May 14, 2009. Retrieved September 29, 2010.
- "Sasha Grey Interview".
- "Grey (Female Celebrity Smoking List)".
- "Sasha Grey Says Ex-Boyfriend Forced Her Into Adult Film Work". Complex. August 8, 2014. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "Ex-porn actress Sasha Grey defends elementary school visit". The Los Angeles Times. November 15, 2011.
- "Former porn star's role in school's reading program upsets parents". LA Times. November 12, 2011.
- "Sasha Grey Reading: Ex-Porn Star's California Elementary School Appearance Prompts Review". Huffington Post. November 15, 2011.
- "Sasha Grey Just Defended Herself For Reading To Children On 'The View'". Business Insider. November 16, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sasha Grey.|
- Sasha Grey at Anthem Online
- Steven Soderbergh on Sasha Grey
- Everhip interview with Sasha Grey about making The Girlfriend Experience
- HustlerWorld interview: Sasha Grey Pt. 1, (2008). Larry Flynt Publications.
- Q&A: Sasha Grey, The I Melt With You actress on film, time travel, and L.A.'s "vampires" Interview for Grantland
- HustlerWorld interview: Sasha Grey Pt. 2, (2008). Larry Flynt Publications.
- Sasha Grey: Porn's biggest new star talks to Bizarre about puke-sex, BDSM and why she loves her butthole (2008). Interview with Chris Nieratko. Bizarre, Dennis Publishing Limited.
- Sasha Grey Interview (2006). Interview with Ray Dark. Porn Valley News.
- Sasha Grey: Dawn of Porn Star (2006). Interview with Brandon Stosuy. Fanzine.
- Sasha Grey: Sasha's Grey's Anatomy (2006). Adult DVD Talk. Audio interview.
- Inside Sasha Grey (2006). XRentDVD – 24-7 Internet, Inc.
- Sasha Grey interview for Filmmaker Magazine (2009)
- Videotaped interview with Los Angeles Times blogger Scott Feinberg at Brandeis University
- Vice meets Sasha Grey, after the release of Neu Sex.