Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University
|Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration|
Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University is an AACSB and EQUIS accredited business school founded in 1982 through a collaboration among Chulalongkorn University, the pre-eminent university in Thailand, and what were to become two of the leading business schools in the world: the Kellogg School of Management and the Wharton Business School. Sasin is consistently ranked among the top 10 business schools in the Asia-Pacific region. Sasin became the first school in Thailand to receive AACSB accreditation in 2010 and the first to receive EQUIS EFMD accreditation in 2011.
Meaning of name
His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej bestowed the name on the Graduate Institute of Business Administration, on his 60th birthday, December 5, 1987. The name comes from two Sanskrit words: sasa and indra. Sasa, meaning "rabbit" represents His Majesty's birth year in the Thai 12-year astrological cycle. Indra means "chief." Thus "Sasin" literally means "King of the Rabbits."
The Sasin-Kellogg-Wharton management education collaboration pioneered the use of world-class visiting professors complemented by full-time Sasin faculty and other experts in Southeast Asia.
Sasin programs, delivered in English, include:
- Sasin doctoral program ([PhD]) in Marketing, Finance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Management, MM (Executive MBA)
- Human Resource Management (HRM) M.Sc. and Diploma
- Executive Education Programs (Exec Ed) and the Senior Executive Program (SEP)
- Sasin Business English Program.
The Director (Dean) of Sasin is Professor Dipak C. Jain, Ph.D.. Professor Jain was announced as Director of Sasin on June 7, 2014.
The founder of Sasin is Professor Toemsakdi Krishnamra, who served as Director (Dean) from 1982-2014. He also served as president of Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools in 2009.
Sasin's full-time faculty members hold doctoral degrees from internationally recognized universities such as Carnegie Mellon University, University of Cambridge, Imperial College, Kellogg School of Management (Northwestern), London School of Business (currently, London Business School), University of Oxford, University of Southern California and University of Michigan. Sasin also has several visiting professors from the Kellogg School and the Wharton School.
Sasin has produced a number of notable business leaders, including:
- Kittiratt Na-Ranong, former Deputy Director of Sasin, former Minister of Commerce, former Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand
- Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan, Chairperson of The Lumbini Development Project
- Khun Thitinan Wattanavekin, Head of Wealth Management, Kiatnakin Bank Public Co., Ltd.
- Khun Chaiwat Utaiwan, Managing Director of Bangkok Metro Public Co., Ltd.
Sasin Japan Center (SJC)
Sasin Japan Center (SJC) offers business management consulting for Japanese companies in Thailand and started getting various enquires which are not only business consulting service but also top management training, management seminar, market research, and internationalization of Japanese university.
SJC has 3 domains:
- research which is working with Japanese top universities,
- education which is providing Japanese executives with comprehensive management education program in collaboration with Sasin Executive Education Center and Japan Management Association (JMA),
- consulting which is serving Japanese companies to solve their business challenges with Sasin Management Consulting and Japan Management Association Consulting (JMAC).
- Profile, Business Profile. "Proof of Graduation".