Saskatchewan Highway 368
|This article is outdated. (November 2010)|
|Maintained by Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure|
|Length:||90.7 km (56.4 mi)|
|South end:||Hwy 5 near Muenster|
Hwy 777 at Lake Lenore
Hwy 779 at St. Brieux
|North end:||Hwy 3 at Beatty|
|St. Peter, Lake Lenore, Flett's Springs|
It was voted the worst highway in Saskatchewan in the Spring 2006. The section from 4 miles (6.4 km) south of St. Brieux to 6 miles (9.7 km) south of Lake Lenore basically went from bad to impassable in the Spring of 2007. The previous NDP government refused to rebuild it but continually sent out maintenance crews to try and patch it.
10 kilometres (6.2 mi) around Lake Lenore will be graded in 2008. 2009 will see another 25 kilometres (16 mi) section upgraded to gravel highway status. Over the next two years the section between Lake Lenore and St. Brieux will have paved access. There will be primary weight truck haul route available for nine months of the year. The Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure will contribute $14 million and the partnership will offer $300,000 in services and products. The partnership in this region comprises ners providing about $300,000 in materials and services. Members of the partnership include the Lake Lenore, St. Brieux, St. Peter No. 369 Humboldt, Lake Lenore and Three Lakes, Bourgault Industries and the Lake Lenore Agro-Coop. This is a portion of a program put forth by the provincial government called the Transportation for Economic Advantage. This program comprises infrastructure upgrades over the next 10 years and $5 billion are being allotted towards this campaign.
Intersections from south to north
|St. Peter No. 369||0||0||Sk Hwy 5||beginning terminus near Muenster|
|14.4||23.2||Sk Hwy 756||east to Annaheim|
|Lake Lenore No. 399||24.3||39.1||Sk Hwy 777||beginning concurrency|
|30.4||48.9||Sk Hwy 777||end of concurrency|
|town||St. Brieux||56.8||91.4||Sk Hwy 779|
|Flett's Springs No. 429||70.4||113.3||hamlet|
|77.8||125.2||Sk Hwy 776|
|81.2||130.7||Sk Hwy 41|
|Beatty||90.7||146.0||Sk Hwy 3||end terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Microsoft Corp.. Microsoft Streets and Tips (Map) (2004 ed.). Section Route Planner.
- "Sask. gets ready to fix one of 'worst' highways". CBC 2008. December 12, 2007. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- "Hellway 368 "The Calvert Trail"". Small Dead Animals. Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- "Abandoned Stuff by Saskboy :: Highway network not sustainable ...". Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- "Construction beginson Highway 368". Saskatoon Star Phoenix. July 17, 2008. pp. A8 Local.
- "HIGHWAY 368 UPGRADE UNDERWAY". Highways and Infrastructure - Government of Saskatchewan. Saskatchewan Government. Retrieved 2008-07-25.[dead link]
- "TRANSPORTATION FOR ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE INVESTMENT IN HIGHWAY 368 ...". Highways and Infrastructure - Government of Saskatchewan. Saskatchewan Government. Retrieved 2008-07-25.
- Microsoft Corporation Redmond Washington. Microsoft Streets and Tips (Map) (2004 ed.).
|This Saskatchewan road, road transport or highway-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|