Saskia Hampele is an Australian actress. She began her acting career in 1997 when she appeared in The Gift. Hampele worked as a counselor at The Reach Foundation and the Royal Children's Hospital, while pursuing her acting career. She appeared in the 2008 mockumentary Mark Loves Sharon and the two feature films Arctic Blast and Blame in 2010. The following year, Hampele made a guest appearance in City Homicide and began starring in an online series called Shutterbugs. 2012 saw Hampele appear in the film 6 Plots and join the cast of soap opera Neighbours as Georgia Brooks.
Early and personal life 
While Hampele's main focus is acting, she writes her own songs and plays the guitar and piano. Hampele's mother is a musician and she revealed that she had access to "every instrument under the sun" when she was younger. She stated that she would like to make a solo record in the future. Hampele's hobbies include cooking and travelling. Hampele is in a relationship with television presenter Kayne Tremills.
Hampele began her acting career in 1997, while she was in primary school. She appeared in children's television series The Gift as well as other local television productions. Hampele qualified as a social worker and worked as a counsellor at The Reach Foundation and the Royal Children's Hospital cancer ward, while continuing with her acting career. Hampele told Gary Dudak of Mandatory.com "The psychology aspect of my studies has actually been a massive help when it comes to analyzing and exploring new characters, so even though I'm not using my degree directly anymore, it's still really helpful." Hampele's next television role occurred in 2008 when she appeared as Beth in the six part mockumentary, Mark Loves Sharon.
Hampele appeared in two Australian feature films in 2010. She played Dr Zoe Quinn in Brian Trenchard-Smith's disaster film Arctic Blast. She then appeared as Alice in Blame, which was shown at the Melbourne International Film Festival, the Cannes Film Festival and the Toronto International Film Festival. 2011 saw Hampele appear in a supporting role in crime drama City Homicide. The actress also became involved in an online comedy Shutterbugs. The series, which focuses on a photographer and her best friend trying to get the perfect shot, was showcased at the LAWebFest in Los Angeles.
In 2012, Hampele starred in the film 6 Plots as Sophie Halms, which had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival. On 1 August 2012, it was announced Hampele had joined the cast of Neighbours in the regular role of Georgia Brooks, the cousin of established character Toadfish Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney). Hampele revealed that when her agent called to tell her about the role, she was in the Kakadu National Park with her boyfriend. She was then asked to record an "impromptu" audition tape to send to the Neighbours producers. Hampele commented "Yeah, it was really funny. The backdrop of the audition is outback Australia, a far cry from Ramsay Street." Hampele made her first screen appearance as Georgia in October.
|1997||The Gift||School Girl|
|2008||Mark Loves Sharon||Beth|
|2008||The Countdown||Natalie||Short film|
|2009||Döbereiner's Lamp||Susie||Short film|
|2010||Arctic Blast||Zoe Quinn|
|2011||City Homicide||Tahnee Majors|
|2012||6 Plots||Sophie Halms|
|2012–||Neighbours||Georgia Brooks||Regular role|
- Dudak, Gary (12 June 2012). "10 questions with Saskia Hampele of '6 Plots'". Mandatory.com. AOL and BermanBraun. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "From the Outback to Ramsay Street". Press Association. 3 August 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Toadie's cousin Georgie hits Ramsay Street". Channel 5. Northern & Shell. 1 August 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- Knox, David (13 June 2008). "Airdate: Mark Loves Sharon. Bumped: Big Mouth". TV Tonight. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Martain, Tim (14 December 2010). "The big chill". The Mercury (News Limited). Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Lee, Phoebe (30 May 2012). "New Aussie flick's got everybody to Blame but themselves". Australian Times. Blue Sky Publications Ltd. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Bannister, Brooke (9 June 2011). "Perth Hills is the setting for new Australian film 'Blame'". 720 ABC Perth. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Shutterbugs shuffles off to LA". Melbourne Times Weekly (Fairfax Media). 27 March 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (1 August 2012). "'Neighbours' casts Toadie Rebecchi's cousin Georgia". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 12 August 2012.