Location of Sastamala in Finland
|Sub-region||South Western Pirkanmaa sub-region|
|• Town manager||Paavo Salli|
|• Total||1,387.56 km2 (535.74 sq mi)|
|• Land||1,291.42 km2 (498.62 sq mi)|
|• Water||96.14 km2 (37.12 sq mi)|
|Area rank||78th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||41st largest in Finland|
|• Density||18.95/km2 (49.1/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.7% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||16.7%|
|• 15 to 64||61.8%|
|• 65 or older||21.5%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||20%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland, and is part of the Pirkanmaa region. The town has a population of 24,474 (31 January 2014) and covers an area of 1,387.56 square kilometres (535.74 sq mi) of which 96.14 km2 (37.12 sq mi) is water. The population density is 18.95 inhabitants per square kilometre (49.1 /sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Sights and happenigs
- Vanhan kirjallisuuden päivät
- Sastamala Gregoriana
- Skicenter Ellivuori
- Herra Hakkaraisen talo
- Culturehouse Jaatsi
- Lakeside Golf Vammala
- Keikyä museum
Twin towns — Sister cities
Sastamala is twinned with:
- Skövde, Sweden
- Ringsted, Denmark
- Halden, Norway
- Kashin, Russia
- Kuressaare, Estonia
- Vásárosnamény, Hungary
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.1.2014" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Sastamala at Wikimedia Commons
- Town of Sastamala – Official website (Finnish)
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|