The Satchel Guide was a series of tourist's travel guide books to Europe, first published in 1872 by Hurd & Houghton of New York. It continued annually until at least 1939. Authors included William Day Crockett, Sarah Gates Crockett, William James Rolfe.
- Jozsef Borocz (1992). "Travel-Capitalism: The Structure of Europe and the Advent of the Tourist". Comparative Studies in Society and History 34. JSTOR 179354.
- Satchel Guide for the Vacation Tourist in Europe (54th ed.), Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1939, OCLC 137239877
- Bibliography of William James Rolfe. Cambridge Public Library. 1907.
- Satchel Guide for the Vacation Tourist in Europe, New York: Hurd & Houghton, 1872–1919, OCLC 1496133
- Hathi Trust. Satchel Guide, 1872-