Satellite Catalog Number
The Satellite Catalog Number (also known as NORAD Catalog Number, NASA catalog number, USSPACECOM object number or simply Catalog number and similar variants) is a sequential 5-digit number assigned by USSPACECOM to all Earth orbiting satellites in order of identification. Before USSPACECOM, the catalog was maintained by NORAD. The first catalogued object, catalog number 00001, is the final stage of the rocket which launched Sputnik 1.
See also 
- NSSDC Master Catalog
- NSSDC Master Catalog Spacecraft query
- NSSDC SPACEWARN Bulletin
- US space objects registry
- UK space objects registry
- UN space objects registry
- Mirror of UN space objects registry with commentary by Jonathan McDowell of Jonathan's Space Report
- CelesTrak SATCAT search
- Gunter's Space Page
- JPL Orbital Element Database
- NSSDC Master Catalog. Note: In searching all satellites, a few near-future satellites are included in the results. Retrieved: 2010-10-29.
|This spacecraft or satellite related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|