From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sati may refer to:
- Sati (goddess): Hindu goddess, Shiva's first wife
- Sati (practice), an ancient Indian tradition of the immolation of a widow on her husband's funeral pyre, now illegal
- Mindfulness (Pali). In Buddhism the word ‘Sati’ usually carries the meaning of awareness or skillful attentiveness
- School of mindfulness meditation established by John Garrie Rōshi
- Bhai Sati Das, Sikh martyr executed by emperor Aurangzeb
- An alternate spelling of Satis in Egyptian mythology
- Sati, a character in the film The Matrix Revolutions
- Sati (film), 1989 Bengali film directed by Aparna Sen and starring Shabana Azmi
- Violeta "Sati" Jurkonienė, a Lithuanian singer
- Sati (novel), a novel by Christopher Pike
- Sati (castle), a medieval fortified town near Shkodër in contemporary Albania
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.