Satine Phoenix at Porn Star Karaoke event on May 1, 2007
May 22, 1980 |
Olongapo, Zambales, Philippines
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||129 lb (59 kg)|
|No. of adult films||96|
1994-1998 Student Government: Commissioner of Clubs President of Del Campo Drama Club Actress/Director Director of her school Play "Death: The High Cost of living" Which she adapted from A Neil Gaiman Comic book from the Sandman Series Awarded Best Actress for her Performance in Much Ado About Nothing (School Play) Awarded Drama Club Scholarship
1998 Moved to San Francisco to attend the Academy of Art University (1998-2001) Major: 3d/2d Animation, Stop Motion, Sculpture & Illustration
Adult film career
Phoenix was a computer programmer and a stripper in San Francisco before entering the adult film industry in 2006. The first part of her stage name comes from both the sparkling diamond from the film Moulin Rouge and the painting Satine Duralux from the book Bluebeard (by Kurt Vonnegut); and the second part is a reference to the empress’ symbol on the tallest mountain in China. Phoenix was also very open about her interest in S&M and bondage, and she came in fourth place for Best Comic Artist at the Bondage Awards in 2010.
In a 2006 report for the news website AlterNet the journalist Annalee Newitz referred to her as "the sort of person who has the education and resources to choose from many careers and has chosen this one because she likes it".
Phoenix & writer R.K. Syrus are currently developing "New Praetorians" a 27 issue Science Fiction Graphic Novel. (no publisher linked yet) Villain in Bruce Monach's "Pen Paper & Laser Guns" Web series (Launch date: TBA) Creator of "Celebrity Charity Dungeons and Dragons" where Celebrities get together to play a custom Keith Baker Adventure to raise money for "Reach Out and Read" Charity that helps Pediatricians teach parents how to get their kids to read from as young as 6 months.
She co-developed the webseries I Hit It with My Axe, which was distributed through online magazine The Escapist. In 2008 she appeared in an episode of the WE tv of Secret Lives of Women and was a guest in the Fox talk show The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet. In 2013 she appeared in the Javier Grillo-Marxuach's short film Minotaur.
2009-Current: Phoenix is now a Comic Book illustrator. Also makes art for Role Playing Games, Magazines and Band Posters/CD covers. Runs a Life Drawing Class out of Meltdown Comics & in 2011 Started the Hollywood Dungeons and Dragons group DnDMelt at Meltdown Comics.
Phoenix was married to a man before entering the adult film industry.She also married a man after she left the adult industry. Now Divorced twice. She considers herself “95% vegan”. Her mother approved of her porn career as long as she wasn’t hurting anyone.
Awards and nominations
- 2007 Adultcon Award nominee – Best Actress in an Intercourse Performance – Hardcore Training #6
- 2008 Sexopolis Award – Best Sex Kitten
- Satine Phoenix, Adult Film Database. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Satine Phoenix at IAFD. November 20, 2011.
- Philippe Berry (July 25, 2010). "Satine Phoenix: "Oui, des actrices porno qui jouent à Donjons et Dragons, ça existe"". 20 Minutes. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- Interview with Satine Phoenix, AIPdaily. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Satine Phoenix is rising, AIPdaily. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- Stephen Elliott (February 7, 2007). "My day at the Porn Palace". Salon. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- The Bondage Awards Hall of Fame. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- Annalee Newitz (May 16, 2006). "Porn 2.0". AlterNet. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- Untitled, Karl Backman, 2012. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- KarlBackman.com. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- YUHMM Magazine Taste It. Chad Michael Ward. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- The Betrayal Model: Satine Phoenix. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- Annalee Newitz, On Reality TV Series "I Hit It With My Axe", io9. Retrieved November 21, 2011.
- Wade Garrett (15 September 2008). "Satine Phoenix to Appear on Fox News Tuesday". AVN. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "Minotaur". Sarasota Film Festival. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- Satine Phoenix - Artist & DoGooder - Satine's Main Page - Spring time. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- ADULTCON AWARDS. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Satine Phoenix 'Excited' Over Sexopolis Awards - XBIZ.com. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Satine Phoenix, Burning Quill: A Collection of Illustrations and Other Art Work of Satine Phoenix, CreateSpace, 2010, ISBN 1451520026
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Satine Phoenix.|