||This article may be an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or an institution related to the subject. (November 2014)|
Satine Phoenix photo by Allan Amato for Temple of Art
May 22, 1980 |
Olongapo, Zambales, Philippines
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||140 lb (64 kg)|
|No. of adult films||96|
Satine Phoenix (born May 22, 1980) is a Philippine-born American Comic Book illustrator & Painter, Cosplayer, Model & Actress living in Los Angeles California. Co-Creator of New Praetorians Graphic novel with writer RK Syrus and Founder of CelebrityChariD20.com formerly CelebrityCharityDnD. (2010-current). Reviving her art & gaming career at Meltdown Comics (2010) in Hollywood California she started DrawMelt (where she ran a life drawing class with models who dressed in Cosplay) & DnDMelt (Where she formed the Hollywood Table top Gaming community focused around Dungeons and Dragons).
Attended the Academy of Art (University) in San Francisco from 1998 - 2002 studying: 2d/3d& stop motion Animation, then switching to Illustration & Sculpture in 2001.
Illustration: Currently Phoenix is the Co Creator & illustrator of New Praetorians Graphic novel. Part-time she works with Loyal Subjects on Box Art She also creates art for Bands like Jason Charles Miller & DirtyLvrs. As a 4th job she paints large commissions.
Actress & Model: Phoenix has accepted projects that appeal to her gaming & fetish nature. From Cosplaying Characters from Various D&D Games to modeling Latex & leather, she expresses herself as a living Cartoon. Recent works include Gaming Webseries: "I hit it With my Axe", "Pen, Paper & Laser Guns", Elf at the "Goblin Tea Party" by Geek & Sundry & Table Top Season 3 with Wil Wheaton. In 2013 she appeared in the Javier Grillo-Marxuach's short film Minotaur.
Gaming: She co-developed the webseries I Hit It with My Axe, which was distributed through online magazine The Escapist. Formed DnDMelt at Meltdown Comics where she was dubbed in Time Magazine the "Queen of D&D".
Phoenix also did live performance art with SF group "Zen Bullies", body painting, a bondage burlesque and had a weekly radio show on KSEXradio. She sells her artwork via her website. She also organizes meet-ups and events, notably the "Celebrity Charity Dungeons & Dragons", a charity event to raise funds for Reach Out and Read, a national non-profit organization that advocates for childhood literacy.
Growing up (11-17) Phoenix was a part of the Masonic Fraternity as a Rainbow Girl & is currently an Eastern Star Member. Dedicating her life to Charity she has founded CelebrityChariD20.com where Celebrities play a custom 2 hour D&D Game created by Keith Baker (Creator of Eberron & Gloom). Fans donate to watch the live stream of these games. The Charity they raise money for is Reach Out and Read. So far they've raised over $7000 since 2010. Players include Jason Charles Miller, Grant Imahara, Ivan Van Norman, Javier Grillo-Marxuach. Games are Game Mastered by Keith Baker & Matthew Mercer.
Adult film career
(2002-2009) Phoenix was a computer programmer and a stripper in San Francisco before entering the adult film industry in 2006. The first part of her stage name comes from both the sparkling diamond from the film Moulin Rouge and the painting Satine Duralux from the book Bluebeard (by Kurt Vonnegut); and the second part is a reference to the empress’ symbol on the tallest mountain in China. Phoenix was also very open about her interest in S&M and bondage, and she came in fourth place for Best Comic Artist at the Bondage Awards in 2010.
In a 2006 report for the news website AlterNet the journalist Annalee Newitz referred to her as "the sort of person who has the education and resources to choose from many careers and has chosen this one because she likes it".
Phoenix has been married & divorced twice. First in 2001 then again in 2011. Lives with her boyfriend, two cats named Nica & Arpeegee (aka RPG) & Dog Ash (half Doberman half Australian Cattle dog). Her mother approved of her porn career as long as she wasn’t hurting anyone.
Awards and nominations
- 2007 Adultcon Award nominee – Best Actress in an Intercourse Performance – Hardcore Training #6
- 2008 Sexopolis Award – Best Sex Kitten
- Satine Phoenix, Adult Film Database. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Satine Phoenix at IAFD. November 20, 2011.
- Philippe Berry (July 25, 2010). "Satine Phoenix: "Oui, des actrices porno qui jouent à Donjons et Dragons, ça existe"". 20 Minutes. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- Interview with Satine Phoenix, AIPdaily. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- "Minotaur". Sarasota Film Festival. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- Annalee Newitz, On Reality TV Series "I Hit It With My Axe", io9. Retrieved November 21, 2011.
- Wade Garrett (15 September 2008). "Satine Phoenix to Appear on Fox News Tuesday". AVN. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- Untitled, Karl Backman, 2012. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- KarlBackman.com. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- YUHMM Magazine Taste It. Chad Michael Ward. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- The Betrayal Model: Satine Phoenix. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- Stephen Elliott (February 7, 2007). "My day at the Porn Palace". Salon. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- Liz Ohanesian (January 30, 2012). "Celebrity Charity Dungeons & Dragons at Meltdown Comics, Plus Tips for Beginners". LA Weekly. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Satine Phoenix is rising, AIPdaily. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- The Bondage Awards Hall of Fame. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- Annalee Newitz (May 16, 2006). "Porn 2.0". AlterNet. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- Satine Phoenix - Artist & DoGooder - Satine's Main Page - Spring time. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- ADULTCON AWARDS. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Satine Phoenix 'Excited' Over Sexopolis Awards - XBIZ.com. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Satine Phoenix, Burning Quill: A Collection of Illustrations and Other Art Work of Satine Phoenix, CreateSpace, 2010, ISBN 1451520026
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Satine Phoenix.|