||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
|Native name||奥寺 佐渡子|
Iwate Prefecture, Japan
|Years active||1993 – Present|
Satoko Okudera (奥寺 佐渡子 Okudera Satoko?, born 1966 in Iwate Prefecture) is a Japanese screenwriter. She is known for her screenplays in both the live-action and anime mediums. Her 1995 screenplay for Gakkō no kaidan was nominated for the Japan Academy Prize. She is best known for her collaborations with anime director Mamoru Hosoda.
A graduate of the Literature Department of Tokai University in Tokyo, Okudera did not originally consider a career in screenwriting. Instead, she worked for an oil company until 1991, after which she quit her job and became a full-time writer. After over a decade of work in live-action film and television, Okudera was offered her first animation project: adapting Yasutaka Tsutsui's novel Toki o Kakeru Shōjo for director Mamoru Hosoda. The resulting film, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, received worldwide acclaim and gave her international recognition upon its release in 2006. Okudera again collaborated with Hosoda on the 2009 film Summer Wars. At the 2009 Anime Festival Asia in Singapore, Hosoda revealed Okudera would be writing the script for his next project.
The Newport Beach Film Festival in Newport Beach, CA, will screen Okudera and Hosada's new film, Wolf Children, on Saturday, April 27, 2013. 
- Japan Academy Prize Best Screenplay - Gakkō no Kaidan (1995) Winner
- Mainichi Film Concours Screenwriting Award - Ohikkoshi (1993) Winner
- Tokyo Anime Awards Best Screenplay - The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006) Winner, Summer Wars (2009) Winner
- Yokohama Film Festival Best Screenplay - Shaberedomo shaberedomo (2007), Kaidan (2007) Winner
- Ohikkoshi (1993)
- Yoi ko to asobô (1994)
- Gakkō no Kaidan (1995)
- Gakkō no Kaidan 2 (1996)
- Gakkō no Kaidan 4 (1999)
- Konsento (2001)
- Makai Tenshō (2003)
- Hana (2003)
- OLDK. (2004)
- Tenshi (2006)
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006)
- Kaidan (2007)
- Miyori no Mori (2007)
- Shaberedomo shaberedomo (2007)
- Summer Wars (2009)
- Permanent Nobara (2010)
- Youkame no semi (2011)
- Keibetsu (2011)
- The Princess and the Pilot (2011)
- The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki (2012)
- Kiki's Delivery Service (2014)
- "Summer Wars" (PDF). 62nd Locarno International Film Festival. pp. 7–8. Retrieved August 20, 2009.
- "TokiKake's Hosoda Had Offer to Direct Haruhi Film". Anime News Network. 2009-11-01. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- ”Wolf Children Newport Beach Film Festival 2013 Screening”
- "Results of 6th Annual Tokyo Anime Awards Announced". Anime News Network. 2007-03-19. Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- "Summer Wars Wins Tokyo Anime Fair's Top Award, 6 More (Updated)". Anime News Network. 2010-02-16. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- "Satoko Okudera - Awards". International Movie Database (IMDb). Retrieved 2009-08-21.
|This article about one or more people who work in the anime industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|