From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Buddhist term, see Satori.
|Meaning||It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used.|
Satoru can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- 悟る, "be spiritually awakened" or "attain higher perception"
- as a given name
- 悟, "enlightenment"
- 聡, "fast
- 智, "wisdom"
- 知, "knowledge"
- 了, "understanding"
- 哲, "philosophy"
- 聖, "virtuous"
- Satoru Abe (born 1926), American painter and sculptor
- Satoru Akahori (さとる), Japanese scriptwriter, novelist and manga author
- Satoru Asako (悟麻子, born 1971) Japanese professional wrestler
- Satoru Ienishi (悟, born 1960), Japanese politician
- Satoru Iwata (聡, born 1959), fourth president and CEO of Nintendo
- Satoru Kobayashi (覚, born 1959), Japanese professional Go player
- Satoru Kobayashi (director) (悟, 1930–2001), Japanese film director
- Satoru Komiyama (悟, born 1965), Japanese professional baseball player
- Satoru Kōsaki (暁, born 1974), Japanese music composer
- Satoru Mizushima (総, born 1949), Japanese film maker
- Satoru Nakajima (悟, born 1953), Japanese racing driver
- Satoru Okada (智), general manager of Nintendo Research & Engineering
- Satoru Rodas (智 ロダス), founder of Satoru Data & Network Solutions
- Satoru Otomo (哲), a Japanese astronomer
- Satoru Sayama (聡, born 1957), Japanese professional wrestler
- Satoru Shibata, president of Nintendo of Europe
- Satoru Yamagishi (智, born 1983), Japanese football player
- Satoru Akashi (暁), the main hero of the tokusatsu series GoGo Sentai Boukenger
- Satoru Furuya (暁), a character in the manga and anime series Ace of Diamond
- Satoru Hani (悟), a character in the manga and anime series Shion no Ō
- Satoru Ikaruga (悟), the main character in the manga series D-Live!!
- Satoru Kanzaki (悟), a character in the manga and anime series Area 88
- Satoru Ohkura (大蔵 智), a character in the Japanese drama Atashinchi no Danshi
- Satoru, a character from a Japanese urban legend, said to know everything about the past, present, and future and can be asked if followed the right procedures but if inquirer makes an error, it is said that the inquirer will be dragged the underworld.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|