|Elevation||71 m (233 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
- Freedom fighter Vavilala Gopalakrishnayya was born in Sattenapalli.
- Tollywood actor, Guinness record holder, Padmasri Bramhanandam was born here.
- Social worker, Bandha Raghu RamaRao is a popular figure in the town.
- Well Known Play Back Singer Mano(Nagur Babu) belongs to Sattenapalli
- story writer Hari Krishna Gurram belongs to Sattenapalli.
Buddhist Relics at Amaravati
Amaravati is situated in Sattenapalle Taluk, 35 km from Guntur and 47 km from Vijaywada. The Buddhist sculptures at Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh are world famous. It is known for the temple of Lord Shiva, worshipped here as Lord Amareswara.
As of 2001[update] India census, Sattenapalle had a population of 101,350. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Sattenapalle has an average literacy rate of 60%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 68%, and female literacy is 52%. In Sattenapalle, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- "Pincodes in Guntur District". whereincity.com. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.