Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens
Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens is a cult science fiction musical reminiscent of The Rocky Horror Show. The 2006 West End run starred Faye Tozer and was choreographed by Bruno Tonioli. The cast interact with the audience as if the audience were patrons of the club in which the musical is set.
The story revolves around a cabaret club called "Saucy Jack's", at which the performers become the victims of a serial killer as they try to leave to better themselves elsewhere. Step in the Space Vixens in their role as investigators and upholders of the oath. As well as Rocky Horror there are clearly influences of Barbarella as the Vixens' interrogation device the Vibratron appears to be similar to the Orgasmatron of that movie and the Vixens' characters more than a little like Jane Fonda's character in that movie. Musically the influences are predominantly Disco with a catchy original score.
- 'Saucy' Jack De 'Ath - proprietor of Saucy Jack's Cabaret Bar
- Honey Tipps/Jubilee Climax - Leader of the Vixens
- Bunny Lingus - Space Vixen
- Anna Labia - Space Vixen
- Booby Shevalle - Cocktail waitress at Saucy Jack's
- Shirley Tristar/Chesty Prospects - Intergalactic smuggler
- Sammy Sax - House saxophonist
- Dr Wilhelm von Whackoff - Psychoanalyst
- Mitch Maypole - Barman at Saucy Jack's.
In 1995 a group of four former students of the University of Kent, Johanna Allitt, Simon Curtis, Mike Fidler and Charlotte Mann, set out to stage a production at the Edinburgh Fringe festival. Their desired production Leonard Bernstein's "Candide" was already going to be playing and so instead they wrote their own piece.
- Marlowe, Sam (January 2, 2006). "Theatre Review: Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens". Times Online (London: Times Newspapers Ltd.). Retrieved 28 December 2008.
- 'Glitterboots' SaucyJack fan site
- 2005 Amateur production home page SaucyJack.org.uk
Back at the Edinburgh Fringe 2010, being performed for 26 nights at original venue C Too by The Unlucky Theatre Company a group of talented teenagers from North London.
The most recent production of 'Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens' was in 2013 at Londons West End at the Leicester Square Theatre. The cast included Olivier Award winning actress Leanne Jones (Bunny Lingus), Ralph Bogard (Saucy Jack), Jamie Birkett (Jubilee Climax), Kristopher Bosch (Mitch Maypole), David Malcolm (Booby Shevalle), Kate Malyon (Anna Labia), Marcus Reeves (Dr Whackoff), Nigel Thomas (Sammy Sax) and Lisa Gorgin (Chesty/Vulva/Shirley). The show ran from Aug 1st to Sept 15th and got a great critical response.
In 2014 Saucy Jack returns to Edinburgh Fringe Festival with a rebooted production consisting of the 2 leads (Ralph Bogard as Jack De'Ath and Jamie Birkitt as Jubilee Climax) from the recent West End production. This is on at The Caves Venue for Just The Tonic (Venue 88).