Saudi Arabian passport
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2010)|
|Saudi Arabian passport|
The front cover of a contemporary Saudi Arabian passport.
|Issued by||Saudi Arabia|
|Type of document||Passport|
|Eligibility requirements||Saudi Arabian citizenship|
The Saudi Arabian passport is issued to citizens of Saudi Arabia for international travel.
Passport issuance procedures 
Before an applicant is issued a passport he must sign his name[clarification needed]. If an applicant is a woman or an unmarried minor under age 21, a male guardian is also required to sign their passport to authorise the aspirant passport holder to travel abroad. The male guardian sign his dependant's passport in person. An applicant also must show a national ID card. In case of women and unmarried minors, an applicant also must bring their family ID card. The passport photo must be taken whilst the applicant is in normal Saudi attire. The photo must be 4" x 6" in size. An applicant must fill the form in both Arabic and English. If the applicant is a woman or unmarried minor under age of 21, the male guardian also must sign their form. They must pay the passport fee of 150 Saudi riyals (USD $40).
The Saudi Arabian passport has the following wording on its cover:
"المملكة العربية السعودية" "Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia"
"عضو جامعة الدول العربية" "Member of the Arab League" (unlike the rest of the passport, isn't translated to English)
"جواز سفر" "Passport"
Data page 
- Image of a passport holder
- Passport type in English
- National code: SAU
- Passport number in Hindu-Arabic numerals
- Passport holder's name in English
- Birth date both according to the Islamic calendar and as per the Gregorian calendar
- Gender: Male or Female
- Issue date in both Islamic calendar and Western calendar
- Expiration in both Islamic calendar and Western calendar, it is based on Islamic calendar. An applicant can choose the date of expiration. If a woman or unmarried minor under age of 21, the male guardian must approve the date of expiration or a male guardian choose the date of expiration.
- Place of issue, issuing authority, and issue date in both Islamic calendar and Western calendar
- All information is saved in the computer.
Passport note 
Arabic: "باسم ملك المملكة العربية السعودية أطلب من موظفي المملكة المدنيين والعسكريين وممثليها في الخارج ومن كل سلطة أخرى تعمل باسمها ومن السلطات المختصة في الدول الصديقة أن يسمحوا لحامل هذا الجواز بحرية المرور وأن يقدموا له المساعدة والرعاية"
English: "IN THE NAME OF THE KING, OF THE KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA, I REQUEST AND REQUIRE ALL THOSE WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, TO ALLOW THE BEARER TO PASS FREELY WITHOUT LET OR HINDRANCE AND TO AFFORD THE BEARER SUCH ASSISTANCE AND PROTECTION AS MAY BE NECESSARY"
Prohibited countries 
- Thailand, permitted only for businessmen with an authorization by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Also countries that are in state of war such as Syria and Afghanistan
See also 
|This passport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Saudi Arabia related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|