- This article is about the company.
Saunalahti is also a district in the city of Espoo. Saunalahti (previously Jippii) is a Finnish mobile phone operator and an internet service provider. The company was founded 1998 when three middle-sized internet operators merged. The company is now owned by Elisa.
Saunalahti doesn't operate its own cellular network and thus relies on Elisa network. Saunalahti offers various mobile plans, most of which are cheaper than the ones offered by the parent company Elisa.
Icelandic-led Novator acquired a large share of the company in 2005. Subsequently Elisa acquired all stock and Saunalahti was delisted from the Helsinki Stock Exchange in the first half of 2006.
Helsingin hovioikeus accused in 2009 Jippii leadership of using inside information when selling its own shares, accounting mistakes and too good information of the company finance to public in 2001. The case was studied again in 2012 in hovrätt and all 26 accusements were withdrawn. The Finnish state was obliged to pay 4 million euros from the trial.
- Saunalahti Nettipuhelin (VoIP)
- Saunalahti GSM/3G price list
- Elisa price list
- "Novator acquires stake in Saunalahti".
- Kauppalehti. "Pörssistä poistuneet ja nimenvaihdokset". Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- Hovrätt HELSINGIN HOVIOIKEUS MEDIATIEDOTE 28.5.2009 (Finnish)
- Jippii-jutun syytteet hylättiin yle 21.12.2012 (Finnish)
- Saunalahti (Finnish)
|This Finnish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|