Bandra Terminus Jamnagar Saurashtra Janta Express
|Bandra Terminus Jamnagar Saurashtra Janta Express|
|Current operator(s)||Western Railways|
|Stops||30 as 19017 Saurashtra Janta Express, 33 as 19018 Saurashtra Janta Express|
|Distance travelled||812 km (505 mi)|
|Class(es)||AC 2 tier, AC 3 tier, Sleeper Class, General Unreserved|
|Catering facilities||No Pantry car coach attached|
|Rolling stock||Standard Indian Railway coaches|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||110 km/h (68 mph) maximum
50.88 km/h (32 mph) including halts
It operates as train number 19017 from Bandra Terminus to Jamnagar and as train number 19018 in the reverse direction serving the state of Maharashtra & Gujarat and is one of 3 trains that connect Mumbai with Jamnagar, the other trains being Saurashtra Mail & Saurashtra Express.
The 19017 / 18 Bandra Terminus Jamnagar Saurashtra Janta Express presently has 1 AC 2 tier, 2 AC 3 tier, 13 Sleeper Class, 4 General Unreserved & 2 sitting cum luggage rack coaches. It does not have a Pantry car coach.
As is customary with most train services in India, Coach Composition may be amended at the discretion of Indian Railways depending on demand.
The 19017 Bandra Terminus Jamnagar Saurashtra Janta Express covers the distance of 812 kilometres in 15 hours 55 mins (51.02 km/hr) & in 16 hours 00 mins as 19018 Jamnagar Bandra Terminus Saurashtra Janta Express (50.75 km/hr).
Prior to February 2012, Dual traction Valsad based WCAM 1 locomotives would haul the train between Bandra Terminus & Ahmedabad Junction handing over to a Ratlam or Vatva based WDM 3A locomotive for the remainder of the journey.
Western Railway completed DC Electric Conversion to AC on 5 February 2012 & it is now regularly hauled by a Vadodara based WAP 4 or WAP 5 locomotive until Ahmedabad Junction handing over to a Ratlam or Vatva based WDM 3A locomotive which powers the train for the remainder of the journey.
Saurashtra Janta Express at Bandra Terminus
- "YouTube - Rajdhani vs Saurashtra Janata Express at Andheri". youtube.com. Retrieved 2014-04-28.
- "Saurashtra Janta express | Flickr - Photo Sharing!". flickr.com. Retrieved 2014-04-28.
- "Western Railway". wr.indianrailways.gov.in. Retrieved 2014-04-28.
- "Saurashtra Janta Train No 19018 waiting list clearance on 18/11/2012? - Train No,19018 Saurashtra Janta waiting list position crearance on 18/11/2012 :: Ask Me Fast". askmefast.com. Retrieved 2014-04-28.
- "Rains throw rail route out of gear - Indian Express". archive.indianexpress.com. Retrieved 2014-04-28.
- "Welcome to Indian Railway Passenger reservation Enquiry". indianrail.gov.in. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "IRCTC Online Passenger Reservation System". irctc.co.in. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "[IRFCA] Welcome to IRFCA.org, the home of IRFCA on the internet.". irfca.org. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- Route for train No. 19017
- Route for train No. 19018