|• Municipal manager||Seppo Allén|
|• Total||299.71 km2 (115.72 sq mi)|
|• Land||252.50 km2 (97.49 sq mi)|
|• Water||47.21 km2 (18.23 sq mi)|
|Area rank||278th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||248th largest in Finland|
|• Density||12.05/km2 (31.2/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||96% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||17.6%|
|• 15 to 64||64.8%|
|• 65 or older||17.5%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.5%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Finland Proper region. The municipality had a population of 3,043 (31 August 2013) and covers an area of 299.71 square kilometres (115.72 sq mi) of which 47.21 km2 (18.23 sq mi) is water. The population density is 12.05 inhabitants per square kilometre (31.2 /sq mi).
Like many waterside areas near major population centres, Sauvo's population increases every summer because of summer cottage usage. While vacationers are not reflected in the official statistics, they roughly double the population during the summer. The first written mention of Sauvo dates back to the year 1335. Today it holds a stone church from the late 15th century, and many manor houses.
The municipality of Karuna was merged into Sauvo in 1969.
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.8.2013" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Sauvo at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Sauvo – Official website (Finnish)
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|