Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools
|Savannah-Chatham County Public School System|
|Type and location|
|Region||Chatham County, Georgia|
|Location||Chatham County, Georgia|
|Superintendent||Dr. Thomas B. Lockamy, Jr.|
|Accreditation||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Students and staff|
Savannah-Chatham County Public School System (SCCPSS) is a school district based in Chatham County, Georgia, United States. SCCPSS is run by an elected Board of Public Education and operates most public schools in the Chatham County including those in the city of Savannah. The current superintendent is Dr. Thomas B. Lockamy, Jr.
The system has an enrollment of over 34,500 students and operates 27 elementary schools, 9 middle schools, 7 K-8 schools, 10 high schools, and satellite facilities including the Massie Heritage Interpretation Center (a preserved historic school) and the Oatland Island Education Center (an environmental education complex). The school system supports two alternative schools for middle and/or high school students and an adult learning center.
Board of Public Education
|District 1||Julie M. Wade|
|District 2||Dr. Dionne L. Hoskins|
|District 3||Corneila H. Hall|
|District 4||Shawn A. Kachmar|
|District 5||Irene Gadson Hines|
|District 6||Larry Lower|
|District 7||Jennifer Lambeth|
|District 8||Ruby Jones|
The Board of Public Education is the elected policy-making branch of the school district's administration. Eight board members, each representing a geographic district that coincides with those of the Chatham County Commission, are elected to a four-year term. The board president is elected county-wide for a four-year term.
The superintendent of schools is appointed by the Board of Public Education and is charged with implementing the board's policies and the overall administration of the school system. Dr. Thomas B. Lockamy, Jr. became superintendent in July 2005.
- Brock Elementary School
- Bloomingdale Elementary School
- Butler Elementary School
- Coastal Empire Elementary School
- Gadsden Elementary School
- Garden City Elementary School
- Gould Elementary School
- Haven Elementary School
- Heard Elementary School
- Hodge Elementary School
- Howard Elementary School
- Juliette Low Elementary School
- Largo-Tibet Elementary School
- Marshpoint Elementary School
- Pooler Elementary School
- Port Wentworth Elementary School
- Pulaski Elementary School
- Savannah Classical Academy
- J.G. Smith Elementary School
- Shuman Elementary School
- Southwest Elementary School
- Spencer Elementary School
- Thunderbolt Elementary School
- Tybee Maritime Academy
- West Chatham Elementary School
- White Bluff Elementary School
- Windsor Forest Elementary School
- STEM @ Bartlett Middle School
- Coastal Middle School
- DeRenne Middle School
- Hubert Middle School
- Mercer Middle School
- Myers Middle School
- Oglethorpe Charter School
- Southwest Middle School
- West Chatham Middle School
- East Broad
- Ellis Montessori
- Godley Station
- Ester F. Garrison
- Isle of Hope
- Alfred E. Beach High School
- Robert W. Groves High School
- Islands High School
- Herschel V. Jenkins High School
- New Hampstead High School
- Sol C. Johnson High School
- Savannah Arts Academy
- Savannah High School
- Windsor Forest High School
- Woodville-Tompkins High School
- Tompkins High School
- Richard Arnold High School
- Shuman Middle School
- A.^ List information from "District Board of Education". Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. Archived from the original on 2008-06-12. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- B.^ List information from "High Schools". Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
- C.^ List information from "Middle Schools". Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. Archived from the original on 2008-03-03. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
- D.^ List information from "Elementary Schools". Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. Archived from the original on 2008-03-03. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
- E.^ List information from "K-8 Schools". Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
- "About Us". Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "About the Superintendent". Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "Executive Summary" (PDF). Fiscal Year 2008 Adopted Budget. Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. Retrieved 2008-07-29.
- "5 Year Enrollment Summary" (PDF). Fiscal Year 2008 Adopted Budget. Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. Retrieved 2008-07-29.[dead link]
- "Oatland Island Institute". Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. Retrieved 2008-07-29.
- "Massie Heritage Center". Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools. Retrieved 2008-07-29.
- www.sccpss.com—Official web site