|Headquarters||Santa Monica, California|
|Parent||Cox Target Media|
Savings.com, Inc. is an online destination that offers coupons and deals redeemable at nationally recognized merchant web sites and stores. Deals are voted on by the community. The Savings.com domain was purchased in 2003 by a founder of the affiliate marketing company Commission Junction, Inc. Originally functioning as a lead generation resource under a different management team in 2004, Savings.com brought in a new team and made the move to exclusively offer online and offline coupons in early 2007. Savings.com has an office in Santa Barbara, California, with its headquarters located in Santa Monica, California. Bought in 2003, the savings.com domain sold for $1.9 million and ranked among the top 25 most expensive domains at the time of its purchase.
Savings.com sources much of its content from the stores they are affiliated with, members, their own internal deal hunting team, and "DealPros" who specialize in specific verticals (e.g. travel, grocery, apparel, etc.).
Savings.com announced in November 2008 that it closed $4 million in series B funding led by U.S. Venture Partners.
In 2009, Savings.com launched a sister site branded as Savoo.co.uk to serve the voucher code market in the United Kingdom and Savoo.de in Germany.
Since 2009, Savings.com has sponsored an annual educational conference focused on sharing ways to lead a frugal lifestyle.
Savings.com expanded into grocery in October of 2013, launching Favado, a mobile grocery savings app.
- CJ Press Release Commission Junction Solidifies Management Team
- Estalea Press Release Santa Barbara Entrepreneur Launches High-Tech Holding Company Estalea
- Sold Names TOP 100 premium domain sales
- Savings.com Press Release Coupon Site Savings.com Closes $4 Million Series B Round of Funding With U.S. Venture Partners
- Save Up Annual conference sponsored by Savings.com
- Cox Press Release Cox Target Media Acquires Savings.com
- Tampa Article Cox Target Media announces purchase of major coupon site Savings.com
- Favado Release Announcement Savings.com Announces Grocery Saving App