From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Savoury)
|Look up savory in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Savory or Savoury may refer to:
- Herbs of the genus Satureja, particularly :
- Savoriness, a culinary term traditionally contrasted with sweetness. Savory foods are flavorful but not sweet
- Umami, also called savoriness, one of the basic tastes detected by the human tongue. This is a more recent, restricted use than the above.
- Savoury (small dish), a small savoury dish, traditionally served towards the end of a formal meal in European cuisine, particularly in Britain and France
- "Savory" (song), 1994 single by the band Jawbox
- Allan Savory (born 1935), Zimbabwean environmentalist, inventor of the Savory brittleness scale
- Brett Alexander Savory (born 1973), Canadian writer
- Charles Savory, New Zealand rugby league footballer
- Douglas Lloyd Savory, Ulster Unionist Party Member of the United Kingdom Parliament
- Henry Savory (born 1914), English cricketer
- Lieutenant-General Sir Reginald Savory (1894–1980), British Indian Army Officer
- Sir William Savory, 1st Baronet (1826–1895), British surgeon
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Savory.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.