Sawai ManSingh Medical College
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2010)|
|Sawai ManSingh Medical College|
|Type||Controlled by Government of Rajasthan. Exams are held by Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Principal||Dr Subhash Nehpalia|
|Location||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Affiliations||Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur|
It was the 15th centre for medical education in India. Its first principal was Dr. G.N.Sen. Medical Council of India recognized the college in 1952, in the same year PG courses for M.S. and M.D. started here.
There are 32 departments and six hospitals attached to this medical college. The college has three boys' and one girls' hostel. The medical college runs Bachelors, Post Graduate, Diploma, M.C.H, D.M, M.Sc(Med),PhD, and Nursing courses. The college has a large library.
Attached hospitals :
- Sawai Man Singh Hospital
- zanana Hospital
- Mahila Chikitsalaya
- TB and Chest Hospital
- Sir Padampad Mother and Child health center
- Psychiatric Center
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Center
- An Infectious disease hospital
This medical College runs a B.Sc course in nursing to train the nurses.
- Dr. Samin K. Sharma, currently an interventional cardiologist at Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, holds the American record for the highest number of complex coronary interventions performed annually
- Dr. S.P. Sudrania, a renowned paediatrician of national and international fame, deputed in 29 countries during his tenure at SMS Medical College.
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|