Sayed Ihsanuddin Taheri
Sayed Ihsanuddin Taheri, or Ihsan Taheri (in Persian and Pashto: سید احسان الدین طاهری / احسان طاهری) (born in December 1984), is a young Afghan independent author, writer and blogger who was a 2012 World Vision International PeaceMaker Prize nominee. He is an official of the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, who has held various positions since 2002.
Currently, he heads the Afghan Government Monitoring and Evaluation Authority at the Office of Administrative Affairs and Council of Ministers Secretariat of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Previously, he served in this Office as Director of Information and Public Relations and Afghan Government Spokesperson. Before that, he served in the Ministry of Education as Advisor to the Minister in Mass Communications and TV development where he developed the Educational Radio and Television of Afghanistan "MARIF rtv" to a better quality picture to gain more and further viewers. He was awarded as Universal Peace Federation – Netherlands Ambassador for Peace to Afghanistan.
From 1996 to 2001, during Taliban regime in Afghanistan, Taheri lived in Pakistan with his family. He helped young Afghan immigrants and Pakistani students teaching English as a second language and various computer programs. In addition, he also gave tuition of school books to the Afghan children. More unique about him, he started serving his country in diverse forms when he was 15.
Taheri previously worked in different Afghan government organizations and UN-supported agencies. He was Head of Administration for the office of the Presidential Spokesperson and Directorate of Communications of the Palace and Head of Programs Management Unit of the Afghan Government Media and Information Center –GMIC, 2009. Between 2005 and 2008, he served as Special Assistant Director General of the Office of Administrative Affairs and Council of Ministers Secretariat, Assistant Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, and the Asia Foundation Consultant to Office of Administrative Affairs for Center of the Government Reforming process. Taheri worked for the JEMB (Joint Electoral Management Body) and the AIEC (Interim Afghan Election Commission) that was established to run the first Presidential and Parliamentary Elections after 2001 where he and his colleagues managed to register 11.5 million Afghan voters and in the Constitution-forming process in several senior positions. These projects were jointly lead and managed by the Government of Afghanistan and United Nations office in Afghanistan, UNAMA. He worked with the Vice President of Afghanistan as Executive Assistant for two years.
Taheri has attended many conferences nationally and internationally on the issues relevant to young generation of Afghanistan, political and election affairs, contributing with analyzing the current situation and making recommendations. He is an active member of the peace process in his country; as a young Afghan he took part in historical processes including the making of the Constitution, the first-ever presidential elections, the Afghanistan-Pakistan Joint Peace Jirga, and Consultative Loya jirga for talks on Afghan – American Strategic Partnership. He was leading the Protocol and Formalities Committee of the 2013 Afghanistan Consultative Loya Jirga on Bilateral Security Agreement with the United States, the BSA.
Taheri has been quoted as saying: "Working for the poor and helping them is a wish that I want to convert into reality."
- "Ambassador for Peace Awarded to Sayed Ihsanuddin Taheri". Koofi. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Pamir Press".
- Pakistan Newspapers banned in Afghanistan
- New York Times qouts Ihsan Taheri
- New Wedding Law in Afghanistan
- Afghan Governors changed by Presidential Decree
- New Afghan Mining Law
- Ihsan Taheri – 2012 World Vision International Peacemaker Prize Nominee
- Ihsan Taheri – a Young Afghan in the Peace Talks between Afghanistan and Pakistan
- A look at the Life Condition of Afghan Women
- Thoughts on the Afghan Youth
- 500 Afghan Students Freed from Freeze by Ambassador for Peace
- Afghanistan: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow: Report of Trip to Netherlands by UPF-NL group page
- Participation in different International Conferences – UNESCO 2009 Education Conference
- Ihsan Taheri Leading a Change Team to the Education Radio Television of Afghanistan
- Office of the Afghan Government and Council of Ministers Secretariat Official Website
- Facebook Page of Office of Afghan Government's Directorate of Information and Public Relations
- Ihsan Taheri a young blogger
- Ihsan Taheri interviewed by Noor TV, Kabul