|Type||Subsidiary of Cisco|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Eldar Tuvey
|Products||Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Web filtering, Messaging|
Co-founded in 1999 by brothers Eldar and Roy Tuvey, its services block malware and secure the use of the Web and messaging. Noted as being the first to successfully deliver a Secure Web Gateway service, the company competes with similar services offered by Blue Coat Systems, MessageLabs, Purewire, Webroot, Websense and Zscaler.
ScanSafe has offices in London, England and San Francisco, California and maintains alliance partnerships with Google, AT&T, Sprint, Kaspersky, Telus, NEC, Orange Business Services, Integralis, SoftScan, TopNordic, Viatel, Ancoris, and FVC.
MessageLabs, a major provider of Messaging services ended a strategic partnership between the two companies in 2006. MessageLabs introduced a competing in-house product titled Web Security Service Version 2, resulting in a court judgment brought about by ScanSafe which required MessageLabs notify all prospective clients that the Version 2 service is not based on ScanSafe technology.
In November 2007, a malware outbreak on the Indiatimes website was reported by ScanSafe. Whilst the website wasn't the only victim, the attack was notable due to the popularity of the website and in the number of vulnerabilities the malware attempted to exploit. Alexa regularly ranks Indiatimes as one of the top 250 most visited websites. In January 2009, ScanSafe reported a malware infection on the official website of Paris Hilton.
In October 2009, Cisco announced the acquisition of ScanSafe for approximately US$183 million. ScanSafe was integrated into the Cisco Security business unit.  The deal was completed December 2009. 
In 2007 ScanSafe was named one of the top 100 technology startups in the world by Red Herring, awarded Best Software as a Service (SaaS) Solution by the Codie awards and won Best Content Security Solution for 3 consecutive years as voted by SC Magazine readers. In September 2008 ScanSafe were awarded CNET Security Product or Service of the Year for their Anywhere+ product, a software based filtering solution for mobile users.
A 2008 report by Gartner identified ScanSafe as a challenger in the Secure Web Gateway (SWG) market, having moved from the visionary position previously occupied in 2007. Gartner acknowledged strong partner relationships and the ability to offer an excellent solution for companies with a high percentage of mobile workers and/or remote offices, but noted the service can be expensive and that report archiving is limited.
- "ScanSafe About". Alison R.G. van Diggelen. Retrieved 2009-010-27.
- "Management Team". ScanSafe. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- "ScanSafe Investors". ScanSafe. Archived from the original on 2008-04-19. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- "Interview: Eldar Tuvey". SC Magazine. Archived from the original on 2008-03-02. Retrieved 2008-05-03.
- "ScanSafe's business brotherhood". Alison R.G. van Diggelen. Archived from the original on 2008-03-03. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "ScanSafe Alliance Partners". ScanSafe. Archived from the original on 2008-04-10. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "Sprint Introduces Sprint Secure Web Protection". ScanSafe. Retrieved 2008-11-16.[dead link]
- "ScanSafe lands SaaS cloud deal with Orange". Info Security Magazine. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- "ScanSafe forces MessageLabs to clarify sales pitches". Out-Law. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "IndiaTimes.com Visitors Risk High Exposure To Malware". InformationWeek. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Indiatimes.com Traffic Rank". Alexa. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Paris Hilton's Web Site Infected With Malware". Information Week. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- "Scandoo - ScanSafe". ScanSafe. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- Carew, Sinead (2009-10-27). "Cisco to buy ScanSafe for $183 million". Reuters. Retrieved 2009-10-27.
- "Cisco Completes Acquisition of ScanSafe, Leading SaaS Web Security Provider". CNN Money. Retrieved 2009-12-07.[dead link]
- "Red Herring Global 100". Red Herring. Archived from the original on 2008-04-08. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "Finalist Showcase - The 22nd Annual SIIA Codie Awards". Software & Information Industry Association. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "SCANSAFE WINS SC MAGAZINE 2008 AWARD FOR BEST CONTENT SECURITY". SourceWire. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "The SC Magazine Awards Europe 2009 - Winners announced!!". scmagazineuk.com. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- "CNET Networks UK award winner: ScanSafe". CNET Networks UK. Retrieved 2008-09-25.
- "Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateway, 2008". Gartner. Retrieved 2008-11-16.
- "ScanSafe Named Worldwide Leader of SaaS Web Security Market by Leading Analyst Firm". Reuters. 2009-10-14. Retrieved 2009-10-14.
- Moe, Michael (2006) Finding the Next Starbucks: How to Identify and Invest in the Hot Stocks of Tomorrow, USA : Penguin Group, ISBN 978-1-59184-134-0