From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up scanner in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Scanner may refer to:
- Scanner (radio), for searching for and receiving radio broadcasts
- Image scanner, which digitizes a two-dimensional image
- 3D scanner, which digitizes the three-dimensional shape of a real object
- Neutron scanner, a scanner which utilizes neutrons to penetrate objects for analysis
- Port scanner, in computer networking
- Vulnerability scanner, a computer program that probes for weaknesses
- Barcode reader, which reads the data encoded in a barcode
- Lexical analyzer, a computer program
- Stepper, a part of the photolithography process
- A rotating radar antenna
- An outside broadcasting control vehicle
- An automotive electronic control unit diagnostic tool
- An automated spotlight
- A biometric scanner, an electronic device with a sensor to read patterns or images from faces, irises and finger pads to create a biological template or profile
- WikiScanner, a tool that provides a searchable database of anonymous Wikipedia edits
Popular culture 
- Scanner (comics), a mutant appearing primarily in X-Men comics.
- Scanner (band), a German speed metal band
- Scanners (band), an alternative band from London
- Scanner, the stage name of British electronic musician Robin Rimbaud
- Scanner (Code Lyoko), a fictional teleportation device
- Scanner (Half-Life), a floating enemy in the Half-Life video game series
- Scanners Live in Vain, a science fiction short story by Cordwainer Smith
- A Scanner Darkly, a science fiction novel by Philip K. Dick
- Scanners, a 1981 science fiction horror film
- In much science fiction, especially older science fiction, the term scanner is used to refer to what is usually now termed a computer monitor.
- A personality type described by self-help author Barbara Sher
See also 
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.