Scarlett Alice Johnson
|Scarlett Alice Johnson|
Johnson at the premiere of Adulthood in 2008
|Born||Scarlett Alice Johnson
7 April 1985
Stroud Green, London, England
Scarlett Alice Johnson was born in London, England.
The role of Vicki Fowler on the BBC soap opera EastEnders was Johnson's first television role though not her professional début, having previously appeared in numerous stage productions, including a six-month run in a National Theatre production of Dylan Thomas' Under Milk Wood directed by Roger Michell. Johnson left EastEnders in 2004 after two years and 194 episodes, and returned to stage acting as well as embarking on career in films. For her portrayal of Vicki Fowler, Johnson was voted #83 in 'The 100 Greatest Eastender's Characters Of All Time'.
In 2005, she played Juliet in an open air run of Romeo and Juliet at Stafford Castle and received favourable notices including in The Stage. In the same year she also appeared as the lead in the acclaimed UK tour of Henry James' Daisy Miller directed by Christopher Morahan and in the pantomime Cinderella at Stafford's Gatehouse Theatre.
In 2009 she played Mindy in a revival of Aunt Dan and Lemon at the Royal Court Theatre receiving good notices in the Evening Standard, The Guardian, The Times etc.In the same year she played the role of Helen in the horror film The Reeds.
In April 2010, Johnson was cast by Warner Bros. in the CW network's US TV pilot Damn Thorpes (aka The Wyoming Project) opposite co-star Sean Faris (Vampire Diaries). In the same year she also played the lead role in the UK film Panic Button and in the Channel 4 comedy Pete Versus Life as Trish, the girlfriend of Pete's friend Ollie. In February–March 2010 she appeared in the play Slaves for the Olivier award-winning Theatre 503, London.
Roles and appearances
|2009||The Reeds||Helen||(as Scarlett Johnson)|
|2010||Pete Versus Life||Trish|
|2013–||Big Bad World||Lucy Deacon|
|2013||Midsomer Murders||Jessie||ep. "The Flying Club"|
|1996||La bohème – centenary performance||Posh girl|||
|1996||Yehudi Menuhin – 80th Birthday Concert||Chorus|||
|2005||Romeo and Juliet||Juliet|||
|2009||Aunt Dan and Lemon||Mindy|||
- Orme, Steve. "Theatre review: Romeo and Juliet at Stafford Festival Shakespeare at Stafford Castle". The British Theatre Guide. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Tracy, Sheila (7 September 2005). "Reviews / Daisy Miller". The Stage. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Bonner, Neil (21 December 2005). "Reviews / Cinderella". The Stage. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Fisher, Philip. "Theatre review: Aunt Dan and Lemon at Royal Court Theatre Downstairs". The British Theatre Guide. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "The Reeds". TrailerLounge (in German). Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- Tripney, Natasha. "Slaves @ Theatre 503, London | theatre reviews". musicOMH. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Scarlett Alice Johnson hails Pramface role". What's on TV. 18 February 2012. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "Scarlett Alice Johnson". United Agents. Archived from the original on 22 July 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Riding, Alan (5 February 1996). "A Class Split Over a Populist 'Boheme'". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Yehudi Menuhin – 80th Birthday Concert". British Film Institute. Retrieved 4 September 2012.