Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don't Have Bruises is a 2004 collection of essays by Miles Marshall Lewis.
I. Memory Lanes, Gun Hill Roads
- Bronx Science
- Famous Negro Writer #77
- The Suckerpunch of My Childhood Files
- Mama's Gun
- Worldwide Underground
II. The Def of Hiphop
- Peace, Unity, Love, Having Fun
- Notes Toward a Hiphop Politick
Appeared first in 2003 in The Nation under the title "Russell Simmons's Rap."
- Spelmo Babies and Other Bourgeois Ephemera
Appeared first in 1997 in LA Weekly under the title "All About the Benjamins."
- Go Make of All Disciples
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don't Have Bruises
- Another Great Day in Harlem
Appeared first in 1998 in XXL under the title "Hip-Hop America."