Scenes from a Mall
|Scenes from a Mall|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Paul Mazursky|
|Produced by||Paul Mazursky|
|Written by||Roger L. Simon
|Music by||Marc Shaiman|
|Editing by||Stuart H. Pappé|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Pictures|
|Release dates||February 22, 1991|
|Running time||89 min.|
|Box office||$9,563,393 (USA)|
Scenes from a Mall is a 1991 film directed by Paul Mazursky with a screenplay by Roger L. Simon and Mazursky, starring Bette Midler and Woody Allen. In the film, Allen's character, Nick, is married to author Deborah, played by Midler. After years of a happy marriage, Nick reveals to her that he has had an affair. Deborah is shocked and requests a divorce, but later admits that she herself has been unfaithful. The film was shot at the Stamford Town Center in Stamford, Connecticut and the Beverly Center in Los Angeles, California.
- Bette Midler – Deborah Fifer
- Woody Allen – Nick Fifer
- Bill Irwin – Mime
- Daren Firestone – Sam
- Rebecca Nickels – Jennifer
- Paul Mazursky – Doctor Hans Clava
- Marc Shaiman – Pianist
- Joan Delaney – Woman interviewer
- Fabio Lanzoni – Handsome Man
- Dealin LaValley – Waiter
The film was not a box office success but did manage to bring back its budget.
- "Review/Film; A Marriage On and Off The Rocks". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "Scenes from a Mall". Chicago Sun Times. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "MOVIE REVIEW : Down and Out in Beverly Center : A Slice of L.A.--Without the Bite". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "Scenes from a Mall". Variety. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "THREE-DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE : A Replay of the Top Fhree". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Scenes from a Mall|
- Scenes from a Mall at the Internet Movie Database
- Scenes from a Mall at Rotten Tomatoes
- Scenes from a Mall at Box Office Mojo
|This film article about a 1990s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|