|Headquarters||Meridian, Idaho, United States|
|Area served||United States
|Key people||Orville Thompson, CEO, Director, & Co-owner
Heidi Thompson, President, Director, & Co-owner
Kara Egan, Co-founder & Director
Colette Gunnell, Co-founder & Director
|Revenue||$190 million in 2011|
Scentsy is a candle warmer company that was founded in 2004, and based in Meridian, Idaho. Originating from a Salt Lake City basement, Scentsy's current corporate office resides in a 168,000-square-foot facility. Their products are sold utilizing a multi-level, direct selling structure while using the party plan model for marketing. They refer to their multi-level sales force as consultants.
In October 2009, conflicts arose when an upgrade for consultants' front end software became problematic, and Facebook was quickly used as a backup solution. This decision led to Scentsy receiving the "Success Award" from the Direct Selling Association."
From May 2009 to January 2010, Scentsy's sales force grew from approximately 30,000 to over 75,000. Inc., labeled Scentsy as "America's fastest-growing consumer products company" and was ranked 19th overall in the annual Inc. 500.
Scentsy has since evolved into Scentsy Fragrance, a subsidiary of the parent group Scentsy Family, with brands Grace Adele and Velata. Twice a year the charitable arm, Scentsy Family Foundation, donates to charity proceeds from a unique warmer.
- "Scentsy Family". 3 September 2013
- "Scentsy Story". 3 September 2013
- "In the Works: Scentsy to move into new HQ in Meridian". 20 August 2013
- "Scentsy, Inc. v. Performance Manufacturing, Inc., et al". 22 December 2008
- "DSA Honors 4 MLM Companies with Industry Awards". 26 October 2010
- "America's Fastest-Growing Consumer Products Company". 1 September 2010
- "Scentsy Family Brands". 3 September 2013
- "Scentsy Offers 'Love, Life, Hope' Decorative Warmer to Support National Breast Cancer Foundation". 19 October 2010