Schenker AG is a German logistics company and a subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn, the German railway company. Within DB Logistics, the logistics branch of Deutsche Bahn, Schenker is responsible for land, sea, and air transport and contract logistics. Rail transport within DB Logistics is done under the DB Schenker Rail brand.
Schenker has over 91,000 employees at about 2,400 offices around the world and has a turnover of 54.1 billion € per year.
DB Logistics claims to be:
- No. 1 in European land transport
- No. 2 in worldwide air transport
- No. 3 in worldwide sea transport
- No. 3 in integrated part loads shipment in North America
- No. 6 in worldwide contract logistics
On 31 January 2006, DB Logistics acquired BAX Global for $1.1 billion and is currently being merged country by country with Schenker.
- Schenker was the official carrier of the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, 2000 in Sydney and 2002 in Salt Lake City.
- Schenker supports the United Buddy Bears exhibitions worldwide. A particular challenge was the realization of the exhibition in Pyongyang (North Korea), 2009.
- DB-Konzern - Profile
- "www.X-Rail.org". Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- Botschafter des Friedens mit Schenker nach Nordkorea
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|