Schindler's List (soundtrack)
|Film score by John Williams|
|John Williams chronology|
|Entertainment Weekly||A− link|
Schindler's List is the original soundtrack, on the MCA label, of the 1993 film Schindler's List starring Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, Ralph Fiennes and Caroline Goodall. The original score and songs were composed by John Williams, and features violin player Itzhak Perlman.
Theme from Schindler's List is one of the most recognized contemporary film scores, particularly the violin solo. Many high-level figure skaters have used this in their programs, including Katarina Witt, Irina Slutskaya, Johnny Weir, and Julia Lipnitskaia.
- "Theme from Schindler's List" – 4:15
- "Jewish Town (Krakow Ghetto - Winter '41)" – 4:40
- "Immolation (With Our Lives, We Give Life)" – 4:44
- "Remembrances" – 4:20
- "Schindler's Workforce" – 9:08
- "Afn Pripetshek / Nacht Aktion" (with Li-Ron Choir) – 2:56
- "I Could Have Done More" – 5:52
- "Auschwitz-Birkenau" – 3:41
- "Stolen Memories" – 4:20
- "Making the List" – 5:11
- "Give Me Your Names" – 4:55
- "Yerushalayim Shel Zahav (Jerusalem of Gold)" – 2:17
- "Remembrances (with Itzhak Perlman)" – 5:17
- "Theme from Schindler's List" – 2:59
Not on the soundtrack
Other tracks that appear in the film, but not in the soundtrack, are an instrumental arrangement of the song "Szomorú Vasárnap" by Rezső Seress, the famous tango "Por Una Cabeza" by Carlos Gardel and Alfredo Le Pera, the German schlager "Im Grunewald ist Holzauktion" by Otto Teich as well as "Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann", "In einem kleinen Cafe in Hernals", and the German marching song Erika (Auf der Heide blüht ein kleines Blümelein) by Herms Niel. Also Polish hit songs "To ostatnia niedziela" and "Miłość ci wszystko wybaczy" are featured in the film. Bach’s English Suite No. 2, which is played during the searching in the ghetto, is also missing.
Also not included on the soundtrack disc album but was played during the film was Wilhelm Strienz’ version of Gute Nacht Mutter, it played as the Jewish women were being led from the train to the gas chambers.
|Academy Award for Best Original Score
The Lion King
|BAFTA Award for Best Film Music
|This soundtrack-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|