|Population||1,739 (Dec 2012)|
|- Density||196 /km2 (509 /sq mi)|
|Area||8.85 km2 (3.42 sq mi)|
|Elevation||383 m (1,257 ft)|
|Surrounded by||Holderbank, Linn, Oberflachs, Schinznach-Bad, Thalheim, Veltheim, Villnachern, Zeihen|
Schinznach-Dorf has an area, as of 2009[update], of 8.85 square kilometers (3.42 sq mi). Of this area, 3.28 square kilometers (1.27 sq mi) or 37.1% is used for agricultural purposes, while 4.07 square kilometers (1.57 sq mi) or 46.0% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 1.19 square kilometers (0.46 sq mi) or 13.4% is settled (buildings or roads), 0.29 square kilometers (0.11 sq mi) or 3.3% is either rivers or lakes.
Of the built up area, industrial buildings made up 1.4% of the total area while housing and buildings made up 5.3% and transportation infrastructure made up 4.3%. Power and water infrastructure as well as other special developed areas made up 1.8% of the area 44.7% of the total land area is heavily forested and 1.2% is covered with orchards or small clusters of trees. Of the agricultural land, 19.7% is used for growing crops and 10.6% is pastures, while 6.8% is used for orchards or vine crops. All the water in the municipality is in rivers and streams.
Coat of arms
Schinznach-Dorf has a population (as of December 2012[update]) of 1,739 As of June 2009[update], 13.3% of the population are foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years (1997–2007) the population has changed at a rate of -0.4%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (93.6%), with Spanish being second most common ( 1.2%) and Albanian being third ( 1.2%).
The age distribution, as of 2008[update], in Schinznach-Dorf is; 133 children or 8.1% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old and 244 teenagers or 14.8% are between 10 and 19. Of the adult population, 188 people or 11.4% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 165 people or 10.0% are between 30 and 39, 311 people or 18.9% are between 40 and 49, and 247 people or 15.0% are between 50 and 59. The senior population distribution is 175 people or 10.6% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 100 people or 6.1% are between 70 and 79, there are 68 people or 4.1% who are between 80 and 89,and there are 15 people or 0.9% who are 90 and older.
At the same time there were 626 private households (homes and apartments) in the municipality, and an average of 2.5 persons per household.
As of 2000[update], there were 65 homes with 1 or 2 persons in the household, 221 homes with 3 or 4 persons in the household, and 322 homes with 5 or more persons in the household. The average number of people per household was 2.53 individuals. In 2008[update] there were 359 single family homes (or 49.7% of the total) out of a total of 723 homes and apartments. There were a total of 0 empty apartments for a 0.0% vacancy rate. As of 2007[update], the construction rate of new housing units was 1.8 new units per 1000 residents.
In Schinznach-Dorf about 78.3% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule). Of the school age population (in the 2008/2009 school year[update]), there are 128 students attending primary school, there are 22 students attending secondary school, there are 174 students attending tertiary or university level schooling in the municipality.
The historical population is given in the following table:
Heritage sites of national significance
As of 2007[update], Schinznach-Dorf had an unemployment rate of 1.64%. As of 2005[update], there were 129 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 25 businesses involved in this sector. 318 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 21 businesses in this sector. 320 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 50 businesses in this sector.
As of 2000[update] there was a total of 821 workers who lived in the municipality. Of these, 563 or about 68.6% of the residents worked outside Schinznach-Dorf while 540 people commuted into the municipality for work. There were a total of 798 jobs (of at least 6 hours per week) in the municipality. Of the working population, 14.5% used public transportation to get to work, and 46.7% used a private car.
- Canton of Aargau Statistical Office, MS Excel document – Bevölkerungsbestand 2012 nach Gemeinde, Geschlecht u. Nationalität (per 31. Dezember 2012)] (German) accessed 23 July 2013
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office-Land Use Statistics 2009 data (German) accessed 25 March 2010
- Flags of the World.com accessed 9 April 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bereich 01 -Bevölkerung (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 9 April 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bevölkerungsdaten für den Kanton Aargau und die Gemeinden (Archiv) (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau - Aargauer Zahlen 2009 (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Swiss inventory of cultural property of national and regional significance 21.11.2008 version, (German) accessed 09-Apr-2010
- ISOS site accessed 09-Apr-2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau-Bereich 11 Verkehr und Nachrichtenwesen (German) accessed 21 January 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Schinznach-Dorf.|