|Developer(s)||Schmooze Com Inc|
|Stable release||5.211.65-8 (Stable) with your choice of Asterisk 1.8 or Asterisk 11, based on FreePBX 2.11, DAHDI 2.8 and Schmooze Linux 6.5 (required to deploy FreePBX High Availability (HA)in High Availability scenarios) / 14 January 2014|
|Available in||English, Bulgarian Chinese German French Hebrew Hungarian Italian Portuguese Portuguese (Brazil) Russian Swedish Spanish|
|Type||Voice over Internet Protocol|
The FreePBX Distro is an open source unified communications software system that consists of a graphical user interface (GUI) for configuring, controlling, and managing Asterisk PBX software. The FreePBX Distro includes packages that offer VoIP, PBX, Fax, voice-mail and email functions. FreePBX is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Support for telephony hardware
Schmooze Com, Inc. is a unified communications system provider in Neenah, Wisconsin, which builds free and open-source software for communications. The company is the copyright and trademark holder of FreePBX, FreePBX has over 1 million active production PBXs and over 20,000 new systems added each month.
The company works directly with multiple manufactures to integrate PBX phones into the OSS FreePBX Distro. Manufactures include Aastra, Algo, AND, Audiocodes, Cisco, Cyberdata, Digium, Grandstream, Mitel, Panasonic, Polycom, Sangoma, Snom, Xorcom, Yealink.
FreePBX made its debut in 2004 as the AMP project (Asterisk Management Portal), the FreePBX Distro was released in 2011 as an All-In-One solution for building a PBX using Asterisk, CentOS and FreePBX.
Latest Stable FreePBX Distro release (March, 2014):
- FreePBX Distro Stable-5.211.65-8 (Stable) based on these main components:
- FreePBX 2.11
- CentOS 6.5
- Asterisk 1.8.x or Asterisk 10.x or Asterisk 11.x
Declared EOL (End Of Life) FreePBX Distro releases:
- FreePBX Distro 1.8xx.210.58 reached EOL status
- FreePBX Distro 1.8xx.210.62 reached EOL status
- FreePBX Distro 1.10xx.210.58 reached EOL status
- FreePBX Distro 1.10xx.210.62 reached EOL status
- FreePBX Distro 1.11xx.210.63 reached EOL status
- FreePBX Distro 220.127.116.11 reached EOL status
Current running version could be checked by going to the System Admin Module or by use of Linux CLI running the following command:
cat /etc/asterisk/freepbxdistro-version on older systems or this one
cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version on newer systems.
The FreePBX Distro's wiki portal provides shell update scripts for every major release track: more information here
- Version numbering system
The version numbering system summarizes the versions of core components of the FreePBX Distro.
As example, the FreePBX Distro 2.210.62-1 version string has the following components. The first number (2) represents the major track number. This second number (210) refers to FreePBX 2.10 GUI. The third number (62) refers to CentOS 6.2, and the final number (1) is used as the minor release revision of this major track number.
- Web Interface; O'Reilly
- Video 7511; TMC.net
- beta 2 announcement; December 12, 2012 article; FreePBX; retrieved December 2012
- The 159
- Telephony features...; TMC.net
- PR Web
- Good News...; TMC.net
- Video 5733; TMC.net
- FreePBX to Release Their Own Distro; March 28, 2011 article; WordPress; retrieved
- FreePBX; Asterisk.net
- ; FreePBX.org
- End of Life Releases FreePBX.org
- Klausner -vs.- Schmooze; Prior Smart online