The group has collaborated with such well-known groups as La Colombina, Ensemble Plus Ultra, His Majesty's Sagbutts and Cornetts, Ensemble Baroque de Limoges, Ministriles de Marisas, La Grande Chapelle.
As of 2007[update], the director and conductor is Juan Carlos Asensio Palacios, who studied in the Valle de los Caídos abbey choir, and now is a member of the Atêlier de Paléographie Musicale of the world-famous Solesmes Abbey and Professor in the Conservatorio Superior de Música de Salamanca and also professor in the Escola Superior de Música de Catalunya.
Published reviews of recordings
Academic sources: "Schola Antiqua albums in the Instituto Cervantes".
- http://www.scholaantiqua.com/criticaspdf/scherzo092007.pdf Scherzo Sept 2007, in Spanish, on CD "Dicit Dominus"
- http://www.scholaantiqua.com/criticaspdf/L'education%20musicale06_2007.pdf L'education musicale, June 2007, in French, on CD "Visperas de Confesores" (Jose de Nebra)
- http://www.scholaantiqua.com/criticaspdf/fraternite%20evangelique04_2006.pdf Fraternite Evangelique, April 2007, in French, on CD "Officium Hebdomadae Sanctae" (T.L. de Victoria)
Published reviews of performances
- http://www.scholaantiqua.com/criticaspdf/scherzo052007_1.pdf Scherzo, May 2007, in Spanish, on its performance at Semana de Música Religiosa de Cuenca 2007 (Spain)
- http://www.scholaantiqua.com/criticaspdf/scherzo052007_2.pdf Scherzo, May 2007, in Spanish, on a Concert about D.Scarlatti at Madrid (Spain)
- http://www.scholaantiqua.com/criticaspdf/Alhajat-Beirut%2021032007.pdf Alhajat-Beirut (Lebanon), V.O., 21 May 2007, about a Concert in Beirut (Lebanon)
- http://www.scholaantiqua.com/criticaspdf/criticaOita.pdf Ōita's Diary, Japan, October 2006, in Japanese, on a concert in that city.
These and many other references can be found at the group home page
- http://www.scholaantiqua.com home page
|This article about a Spanish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Christian music-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|