School District of the City of Pontiac
The School District of the City of Pontiac (or Pontiac School District, PSD) is a public school district headquartered in the Odell Nails Administration Building in Pontiac, Michigan, United States.
The school district serves all of the city of Pontiac, portions of Auburn Hills, Lake Angelus and Sylvan Lake as well as segments of the townships of Bloomfield, Orion, Waterford, and West Bloomfield.
|This section requires expansion. (May 2014)|
In June 2013 the Michigan Education Association's health insurance division stated that it was owed $11 million in premiums from the Pontiac district, so it planned to end benefits for teachers of the district on July 31 of that year; according to a lawsuit settlement, taxpayers in the district were required to pay $7.8 million of it. Administrators, secretaries, and teachers had been paying over 20% of their health care premiums out of pocket.
On Wednesday July 3, 2013 the state of Michigan conducted a preliminary review of the district, and the result was an indication of "probable financial stress". Governor of Michigan Rick Snyder stated that he was going to have a full review of the district conducted by a team appointed by him.
- Grades 9-12
- Pontiac High School
- International Technology Academy High School
- Grades 7-8
- Pontiac Middle School
- Grades 6-8
- International Technology Academy
- Grades K-6
- Alcott Elementary School
- Herrington Elementary School
- Jefferson/Whittier Elementary School
- Owen Elementary School
- Rogers Elementary School
- Whitman Elementary School
- WHRC Elementary School
- Frost Preschool (P.E.A.C.E Academy)
- Other campuses
- Kennedy Center
- archheader_full." School District of the City of Pontiac. Retrieved on 5 November 2012. "ODELL NAILS ADMIN. BUILDING 47200 WOODWARD AVE PONTIAC, MI 48342"
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Oakland County, MI" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 7, 2014.
- "Maps & Directions" (Archive). Oakland Schools. Retrieved on May 7, 2014.
- Murray, Diana Dillaber. "Law being proposed could dissolve Pontiac schools, other struggling districts." Oakland Press. June 12, 2013. Retrieved on May 7, 2014. "Pontiac school district spreads from Pontiac into portions of seven surrounding communities including Auburn Hills, Sylvan Lake, Lake Angeles and townships of Bloomfield, Orion, Waterford and West Bloomfield."
- "Unpaid premiums could cost employees health coverage at struggling Pontiac schools." MLive. June 25, 2013. Retrieved on May 7, 2014.
- AlHajal, Khalil. "Distressed Pontiac school district could be next Michigan community to be taken over by state." MLive. July 3, 2013. Retrieved on May 7, 2014.
- "UNIFORM AND APPEARANCE POLICY." School District of the City of Pontiac. Retrieved on October 9, 2011.
- "Oakland County news briefs." Detroit Free Press. June 24, 2009. A4 Metro. Retrieved on November 27, 2011.
- Pontiac School District – Official site.
|This Michigan school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|