School of Communication and Management Studies
|SCMS Cochin School of Business|
|Chairman||Dr. G. P. C. Nayar, Dr. Subramanian Swamy|
|Dean||Prof. K. J. Paulose|
|Director||Dr. V. Raman Nair|
|Location||Kochi, Kerala, India|
The SCMS Cochin School of Business (formerly School of Communication and Management Studies) is a management institute located at Kochi, India. The institute is located about 12 km from Ernakulam railway station. The school was established in 1976 by Dr. G. P. C. Nayar, with funding from the Prathap Foundation for Education and Training. It is part of the SCMS Group of educational institutions.
Rankings and accreditation
In Business India's annual rankings of the top business schools in India, SCMS was ranked 42nd-best in 2011, up from 44th in the previous year's tables. In 2012, India's Business Today ranked SCMS as the 122nd-best business school among all programs in the country.
SCMS is one of only eight institutions in India that are accredited by the ACBSP, which is a major accreditation body for business schools in the United States. It is also accredited by India's National Board of Accreditation through 2015.
The SCMS Group
In 1976, SCMS was the first of multiple institutions started by the SCMS Group. The SCMS Group of Educational Institutions include:
- SCMS Cochin School of Business (School of Communication and Management Studies) (SCMS - 1976/1992)
- SCMS School of International Studies (SSIS - 1998)
- SCMS School of Engineering and Technology (SSET - 2001)
- SCMS School of Technology and Management (SSTM - 2003)
- SCMS Centre of Research, Consultancy and Training (SCRCT - 2003)
- SCMS MASSCOM School
- NORKA-SCMS Institute For Paramedical and Development Studies (2005)
- SCMS School of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (2006)
- SCMS Institute of Biotechnology and Bioscience Research and Development (SIBB R&D) (2008)
The school publishes a peer-reviewed quarterly journal, the SCMS Journal of Indian Management, focused on economics and business management. It's editor-in-chief is Dr. G.P.C. Nayar, SCMS Group's founder and chairman.
The founder and chairman of the SCMS Group is Dr. G. P. C. Nayar, an entrepreneur and president of the Federation of Private Self Financing Professional Institutions in India. The director of the business school is Dr. V. Raman Nair, a banking and finance professor. Former Minister of Commerce and Industry, Minister of Law and Justice, President of the Janata Party Subramanian Swamy is chairman of the SCMS Group's Board of Governors.
- "Overview". SCMS Group webpage. SCMS Group. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Ranking/Rating of Institutes" (PDF). Best B-schools Survey 2011. Business India. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Cochin School of Communication and Management Studies, Kochi". Business Today | India's Best B-Schools 2012. India Today Group. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Profile Pages | School of Communication and Management Studies (SCMS Group)". ACBSP.org. Accreditation Council for Business School Programs. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "SCMS plans Rs. 140 crore investment for new projects". The Hindu. 3 July 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Homepage". SCMS Journal of Indian Management. SCMS Group. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "Management". SCMS Group of Institutions. SCMS Group. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "G.P.C. Nayar elected national president". The Hindu. 9 February 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Dr. V. Raman Nair". Faculty Detail. SCMS Group. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Politicians | Subramanian Swamy". In.com India. In.com (web18). Retrieved 28 September 2013.