From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the town in Baden-Württemberg. For the town in Bavaria, see Schorndorf, Bavaria.
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (February 2009)|
Old buildings in the town
|Subdivisions||City and 7 quarters|
|• Mayor||Matthias Klopfer (SPD)|
|• Total||56.86 km2 (21.95 sq mi)|
|Elevation||256 m (840 ft)|
|• Density||670/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The city also is sometimes called Die Daimlerstadt (The Daimler City in English), as it is the town in which Gottlieb Daimler was born.
Main article: List of twin towns and sister cities in Germany
Schorndorf is twinned with:
- Bury, United Kingdom, since 1995
- Dueville, Italy, since 1998
- Errenteria, Spain, since 2012
- Kahla, Germany, since 1991
- Tulle, France, since 1969
- Tuscaloosa, USA, since 1997
- Mountain Home, USA, since 1984 (not an official twin town)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Schorndorf.|
- "Gemeinden in Deutschland mit Bevölkerung am 31.12.2012 (Einwohnerzahlen auf Grundlage des Zensus 2011)". Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 12 November 2013.
|This Rems-Murr location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|