|Full name||Schúbert Gambetta Saint Léon|
|Date of birth||April 14, 1920|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Date of death||August 9, 1991(aged 71)|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|?-1960||Mar de Fondo|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Schúbert Gambetta Saint Léon (14 April 1920 – 9 August 1991) was a Uruguayan footballer. He played as a half-back and was right-footed. Gambetta was a figure in the Maracanazo when he helped keep Zizinho and Ademir out of the game, which helped him to the 1950 FIFA World Cup All-Star Team.
From 1940 to 1956, he played for Club Nacional de Football, winning the Uruguayan championship ten times and captaining the team. He also earned 36 caps and scored three goals for the Uruguay national football team from 1941 to 1952. He was part of Uruguay's championship team at the 1950 FIFA World Cup.
Gambeta/"Gambetear". meaning to drible, to elude, to pile up opponents with a quick move, begin to be used after the 1950 World Cup as a reference to the way Schubert Gambetta played the game. Today is commonly used on most Spanish speaking countries.
- Primera División Uruguaya Winner: 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1955 and 1956.
- Primera División Uruguaya Runner up: 1944, 1945, 1949, 1951, 1953 and 1954.
- Torneo de Honor Winner: 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1946, 1948 and 1955.
- Torneo Competencia Winner: 1942, 1945, 1948 and 1952.
- Torneo Cuadrangular Winner: 1952, 1954 and 1955.
- Copa Aldao (Copa Río de la Plata) Winner: 1940, 1942 and 1946.
- Copa de Confraternidad Escobar - Gerona Winner: 1945.
- Copa Baron de Rio Branco Winner versus Brasil: 1946 and 1948.
- Copa Escobar Gerona Winner: 1945
- South American Championship 1942 Winner
- South American Championship 1947 Third Place
- 1950 FIFA World Cup Winner
- 1950 FIFA World Cup All-Star Team
- Copa America Winner
- Copa America 3rd Place
- Profile (in Spanish)
- World Cup Final Appearance
- International Appearances
- All-Star Team 1950
|This biographical article related to a football defender from Uruguay is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|