Schuler Books & Music
|Headquarters||Grand Rapids, Michigan|
|Key people||Bill Fehsenfeld, Cecile Fehsenfeld|
|Products||Books, magazines, DVDs, music CDs, various book-related merchandise|
Schuler Books & Music, formerly known as simply Schuler Books, is a small Michigan chain of bookstores. Along with books, DVDs, and music CDs, the stores also sell food and beverages at its in store cafes.
The first store was founded in 1982, by Bill and Cecile Fehsenfeld in Grand Rapids, Michigan due to their love of books. The original store was located at 2975 28th Street SE, and predominately sold new books and newspapers. It did not have a cafe though served espresso drinks via a kiosk cart. A much larger store opened in 1995 a few blocks east of the original location. The current flagship store at 2660 28th Street SE introduced The Chapbook Cafe and expanded offerings with music among other items.
They currently have four locations. A fifth store in downtown Grand Rapids opened in 2007 and closed in 2013.
- Meridian Mall (Michigan) in Okemos, Michigan
- Eastwood Town Center in Lansing, Michigan
- 28th Street S.E. Grand Rapids, Michigan (Also the headquarters)
- Alpine Avenue N.W., Walker, Michigan
- "EBM Locations: List View". OnDemandBooks.com. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- Ellison, Garret. "Schuler Books Closing Downtown Grand Rapids Store as Owners Pull the Plug on 5-Year Experiment." MLive.com, 20 Jan 2013 <http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2013/01/schuler_books_closing_downtown.html#incart_river>. Retrieved 22 Aug 2013.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|