Schuyler Fisk at the Record Bar in Kansas City, MO, in February 2009
|Born||Schuyler Elizabeth Fisk
July 8, 1982
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Years active||1990 – Present|
Fisk began acting in school plays as a child and eventually progressed to film. Her first acting role was as a bumblebee in a community theatre production of Charlotte's Web. She played her first lead role, as the title character in Annie, in sixth grade.
She married Chapman Bullock on May 26, 2012.
Fisk made her film debut in 1995 as Kristy Thomas in The Baby-Sitters Club. She is perhaps most well known for her supporting role in the 2002 teen comedy Orange County, starring opposite Colin Hanks and Jack Black. Her notable TV appearances include an appearance on One Tree Hill as Daytona in the 2005 episode "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning", and an appearance on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Ella Christiansen in the 2006 episode "Taboo." She played the overbearing and protective sister in the 2011 film "Restless".
Fisk plays the guitar, which she learned from her mother, and sang in various musicals as a child. She began writing and playing her own songs at age 15, and in 2004 signed with Universal Records. In 2006, she put her acting career on hold in favor of honing her skills as a musician and recorded a demo with Joshua Radin, with whom she toured for two years. In early 2006 the duo wrote a song entitled "Paperweight." Radin introduced Fisk to Zach Braff, who in turn used the duet on the soundtrack of his film The Last Kiss; the song was also included on the Dear John soundtrack. Various projects soon followed, including recording the song "I Just Remember Goodbye" for the film Gray Matters starring Tom Cavanagh, Heather Graham, and Bridget Moynahan, and "Waking Life" for the film Penelope starring Christina Ricci.
In 2008, Fisk amicably left Universal. Plans to release an EP were scrapped in favor of releasing a full length album, which was released digitally on January 27, 2009, as a download at several online retailers. As of the week of February 4, 2009, Fisk's debut album The Good Stuff, climbed to #1 on the iTunes Folk Charts. On Amazon, Fisk's album ranked #17 on the Folk chart in MP3 albums. The album was well received by various media outlets, including the New York Times. She then toured with Ben Taylor.
On March 1, 2011, Fisk released her second album Blue Ribbon Winner (through her label Cassidy Barks), then toured alongside the band Harper Blynn (who collaborated with her on the title track of the album). In November 2011, Fisk released a Christmas EP titled "Sounds of the Holiday" on iTunes and Amazon. Tracks included old classics such as "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree," and "Silver Bells," as well as original Christmas music. Fisk's band FM Radio debuted an album titled Out of the Blue in April 2012.
She graduated from the College of Arts & Sciences at the University of Virginia in 2006.
|1990||Daddy's Dyin'... Who's Got the Will?||Little Sara Lee|
|1990||Long Walk Home, TheThe Long Walk Home||Judy|
|1995||Baby-Sitters Club, TheThe Baby-Sitters Club||Kristy Thomas|
|1996||My Friend Joe||Joe|
|2000||Snow Day||Lane Leonard|
|2005||Locrian Mode, TheThe Locrian Mode||Thora||Short film|
|2006||I'm Reed Fish||Jill|
|2014||The Best of Me||Older April|
|2000||Double Dare 2000||Herself||With the cast of Snow Day.|
|2001||Skeletons in the Closet||Robin||Video|
|2005||One Tree Hill||Daytona Green||Episode: "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning"|
|2006||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Ella Christiansen||Episode: "Taboo"|
- Studio Albums
- Blue Ribbon Winner (2011)
- The Good Stuff (2009)
- The Good Stuff
- From Where I'm Standing
- Mr. Johnson
- You're Happening To Me
- Fall Apart Today
- Cold Heart
- Miss You
- You're Only Lonely
- Other Side Of Love
- Who Am I To You
- The Last Day Of Our Lives
- Sounds of the Holiday (2011)
- One World. Be Kind. (2008)
- Songs for Now (2006)
- Love Somebody. (2009)
- AppleBox (short) ("15 Miles Ago") (2011)
- Ugly Betty (TV series)
- The Past Presents the Future (2010) (writer: "Be My Only" - uncredited / performer: "Be My Only" - uncredited)
- Life Unexpected (TV series)
- Bride Unbridled (2010) (writer: "Fall Apart Today" - uncredited / performer: "Fall Apart Today" - uncredited)
- "Dear John" ("Paperweight") (2010)
- "Gray Matters" ("I Just Remember Goodbye") (2006)
- "Penelope" ("Waking Life") (2006)
- "I'm Reed Fish" ("From Where I'm Standing", "On Your Arm") (2006)
- "American Gun" ("The Good Stuff") (2005)
- "Skeletons in the Closet" ("Catching up with Yesterday") (2000)
- "Snow Day" ("It's Not Her") (2000)
- "House" (TV series - Season 8 EP 8) ("Waking Life") (2011)
- According to the State of California. California Birth Index, 1905-1995. Center for Health Statistics, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, California. At Ancestry.com
- "Schuyler Fisk", Billboard 121 (8):31, 29 February 2009.
- Gray Matters soundtrack at the Internet Movie Database
- Schuyler Fisk at the Internet Movie Database
- Schuyler Fisk's official website
- One on One with Schuyler Fisk
- Soundcrank podcast hosted by Schuyler Fisk
- Schuyler Fisk's YouTube
- Metromix 5 Questions With... Schuyler Fisk