Schuylerville (nicknamed "Skyville") is a middle-class neighborhood located in the East Bronx area of New York City. Housing is mostly single-family and two-family houses. It is located next to other middle-to-upper class residential neighborhoods of Country Club and Pelham Bay.
Schuylerville is a small enclave situated between Bruckner Expressway and Hutchinson River Parkway, with suburban style and it is a predominantly Italian neighborhood with small Hispanic and black population. Saint Raymond's Cemetery, Bronx is in the southwestern part. Since the rise of the housing market, the neighborhood has seen various luxury developments, including luxury condos and new construction two-family houses.
Officially, it is considered part of the Throggs Neck section of East Bronx, however, it is closer to and associated with the Pelham Bay and Country Club sections of the Bronx. One of the largest public parks in New York City, Pelham Bay Park, is located nearby, as well as Orchard Beach. While most residents drive, the Middletown and Buhre Ave stations of the IRT Pelham Line are the closest subway stations.
- Bx5: to Pelham Bay Park or Simpson St station (via Story Ave.)
- Bx8: to 225th St station or Locust Point (via Williamsbridge Rd.)
- Bx40/42: to Morris Heights or Throggs Neck (via Tremont-Burnside Aves.)
- Q50: to Flushing, Queens or Co-op City
- The IRT Pelham Line of the New York City Subway (6 <6> trains) operates between Pelham Bay Park and Brooklyn Bridge – City Hall at all times.
Schuylerville has a population of around 10,121 people and according to 2009 figures it had a median household income of $55,280 compared to $32,893 for the whole Bronx borough. The population is around 45% White, 45% Hispanic, with the rest being a mix of Blacks & Asians. 
|This article about a location in The Bronx, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|