From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Schwerin is the capital city of the German state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Schwerin may also refer to:
- Alt Schwerin, a municipality in Mecklenburg
- Prince-Bishopric of Schwerin, a former Roman Catholic diocese and a state of the Holy Roman Empire
- Schwerin Castle, located in Schwerin in Mecklenburg
- Mecklenburg-Schwerin (disambiguation), various places
- Schwerin, Brandenburg, a small town
- Schwerin, a former municipality, now a component part of Storkow, Brandenburg
- Schwerin an der Warthe, the German name of Skwierzyna, Poland
- Schwerin in Posen district, a former district of Prussia, seated in Schwerin upon Warthe
- Schwerin region, a former subdivision of East Germany
- Schwerin, Kreis Regenwalde, now Zwierzynek, West Pomeranian Voivodeship
People with the surname
- Kurt Christoph Graf von Schwerin (1684-1757), Prussian Field Marshal
- Lutz Graf Schwerin von Krosigk (1887-1977), Chancellor of Germany
- Ulrich Wilhelm Graf Schwerin von Schwanenfeld (1902-1944), German resistance fighter
- Gerhard von Schwerin (1899-1980), WWII German General
- Fritz Kurt Alexander von Schwerin (1847–1925), botanist whose name is abbreviated as "Schwer."
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Schwerin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.