A scientific controversy is some form of substantial disagreement among scientists or between scientists and other groups of people. Scientific controversies range from those over the validity of major theories to those between scientific and non-scientific viewpoints.
List of scientific controversies
- Age and environment of Navidad Formation in Chile.
- Animal cognition - Can animals learn human language? If so, how much?
- "Scientists have long debated whether any other species can develop the ability to learn human language."
- Race and intelligence
- ADHD - see Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder controversies
- Biopsychiatry controversy
- Labeling theory
- The atomic theory in 19th century chemistry
- String theory
- Pfiesteria shumwayae - toxicity and life cycle
- The existence of mantle plumes
- Abraham–Minkowski controversy, a physics debate concerning electromagnetic momentum within dielectric media.
- Standard Model of cosmology
- Drake equation, several terms in the equation are largely or entirely based on conjecture
- Extraterrestrial life
- the relationship between tropical storms and global warming 
- Arsenic in DNA
- Cold fusion
- Food irradiation